The Saturday Thread

Morning everyone!

I’ve got my youngest birthday party at a soft play and then hanging out with my nephew as my partner hits up a book club.

I’ve woken up with severe tummy pains which is GREAT.

What about u?

Morning.

Up watching the world cup final. Thought the red card may have spoiled it but England just going to the maul.

Day of prep and house cleaning before my parent’s come over to look after Smudge when we go on holiday on Monday.

2 Likes

Morning all.
Quite giddy, the stars have aligned and I’ve got no responsibilities this morning, so me and the dog are off out. Going to drive down to upper Teesdale for a walk in the hills, and hopefully see some Black Grouse.

2 Likes

My natural response to feeling stressed on a sunny day is to go to kew gardens but i have a lot of errands to run (returns at the post office which i definitely have to get out of the way today) and loads of laundry and tidying to do and a big form to fill out so I’m sad about that. Could go to Richmond park but it’s not the same :pensive:

4 Likes

Parks are a great invention.

3 Likes

Where you off to?

Morning!

I have moved on from the night train to the day train. Stopping on the way to Oslo to stay with an ATD and her little family tonight, then got a 5-year birthday party further along the way tomorrow, and then Oslo and my parents’ tomorrow eve :sweat_smile::partying_face:

I’m in the «premium» compartment on the train (for the leg space and free coffee), and recently they’ve started including a sandwich with your premium ticket. But of course it’s got some mest in it, and they still get BAFFLED every time I say I don’t want it :exploding_head: Before then realising they have other stuff they can offer in the train café. Amazing times

4 Likes

Morning all :wave:

Currently sat in bed, about to have a cuppa, which if brewing. We’ve got friends staying this weekend which will be lovely, but I’m nervous I guess? Not sure if their children will want to eat what we cook, or go along with what we’ve got planned, or etc etc. Feels like it’s been ages since we’ve had another family come to stay with us… Am sure it’ll be fine.

Copenhagen. Looking forward to it.

4 Likes

Got to go for a flu jab as the jabber wasn’t in yesterday.

Then;
Gym
Bit of housework
Meet a mate for a pint
Hope there’s a cancellation at the tattoo parlour so I can get one done
Then dunno

Good god this train sounds like utter heaven

1 Like

Ah, yes amazing. Always wanted to go

Morning!

My parents and my girlfriend’s parents are meeting for the first time over lunch today. Probably stressful enough but we also just discovered our entire NCT group is also meeting in the same pub at the same time so the whole thing is gonna be a bit much I expect.

6 Likes

Ah that sounds like a fun riotous romp with a good heart felt message.

Sorry, what is this movie called?

4 Likes

It’s alright but I preferred their earlier nationalised work

1 Like

Morning.

Toddler woke up at 5am but somehow I got her back to sleep. She’s still asleep!

Got a pal and his dog visiting so they’ve just gone out for a walk. I’ll put the kettle on shortly.

3 Likes

I read it as ‘farcical episode of good-natured sitcom’.

Bradley Walsh plays Spicer’s dad.

Edit: Fern Brady is an NCT mum.

Morning.

Weekend off. Woke up all tired, which is the way of it atm. Shower, breakfast, then off to a national trust place to meet a few of my wife’s mates. Flapjacks are currently being made. Might make some croquettes with the silly amount of mash that was left over from yesterday’s tea. Have that with sausages maybe.

1 Like

Morning all!

Quite nice to see a Saturday thread well-established before I am chased out of bed.

I think I’m doing drama solo this morning because Wor Lass reckons she’s doing Park Run. I’ve got some chores to do (including posting my Mam’s birthday present) and I’m getting my flu/ booster jabs later.

We’re going to see Book of Mormon tonight and my colleague’s daughter is looking after The Child. Both of them are (apparently) very excited.

I haven’t had breakfast yet and I forgot to charge my phone.

2 Likes

Dog is remaining incredibly close :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: so day revolves around taking him for a long walk, making something nice for dinner and watching some football I suppose

17 Likes