The Snowman

On Channel 4 now. I’m a 37 year old bloke and it never fails to make me bawl like a baby. Almost all the way through. Purest nostalgia. The music, the animation and the story is just perfection. Plus it’s got Bowie so bonus cool points. Anybody else got something that never fails to make them blub?

4 Likes

Simpsons6x13

11 Likes

Good call :+1:t2:

When my cousin was little, my aunt had to rewind the video and show her the backwards footage of the Snowman coming back to life or she wouldn’t stop crying

10 Likes

MV5BMTQ3MTcxMjM2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODIzMjQ4NA@@.V1

1 Like

It’s not even the sadness at the end that gets me. It’s literally everything about it.

2 Likes

Singin’ In the Rain (at that point in the film).

The final scene of Silent Running.

it’s not ALed Jones singing on that

1 Like

Ikr

I sometimes wonder if he wakes up with extreme guilt

Nah he strikes me as the sort of bloke who’d ring the lad who sang it originally every week just to laugh down the phone

5 Likes

Screaming at his reflection in the bathroom mirror everyday “I’M A FUCKING FRAUD”

1 Like

but enough about Guardiola

3 Likes

Drives past the other fella’s house in his solid gold car throwing burning £20 notes onto the front garden.

2 Likes

wait for the guy’s kids to build a snowman, then drives round and takes it back to his house as any snowman is his

1 Like

Just sends some coal and a carrot back in the post with a note cut out of newspaper headlines.

1 Like

Mad that the wee boy turned out to be David Bowie

2 Likes

pays the producer of Songs of Praise £30 a week to sneak in the message ‘unlucky Peter you sucker’ into the credits of the show

3 Likes

Don’t mind the Snowdog sequel but the song is far too schmaltzy

1 Like

Watches the snowman every year and looks his family in the eyes professing throughout “That’s me singing that is”

“Dad, just leave it, yeah”

3 Likes

Actually I don’t like that they’ve redesigned Santa when it’s supposed to exist in the same universe as Father Christmas