The State of This Line up

remember the Weezer Cruise

only in dreams

4 Likes

i just looked for the thread where grouchland got REALLY ANGRY about a WEEZER CRUISE but all his posts in it are gone :frowning:

1 Like

Well I don’t remember that, but I do remember he was often angry on NME (RIP)

oh you were on NME as well? good tymz.

Hi I’m Montag

2 Likes

:smiley:

In fairness I would definitely take 3 days of camping with bands for £99 regardless of who was on. Always end up missing bands at Festivals anyway.

I honestly don’t think it’s that bad a lineup for the money - Tigercub are probably my favourite new band, BSP are always great and Franz are still good. I guess even if you watch and enjoy 5 bands you’re getting your money’s worth.

Half of the more enjoyable festival experiences are when there’s a DJ on at like 3 in the morning or a cinema tent is showing Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome and you’re off you’re head anyways.

3 Likes

This is true. It’s not the most “challenging” of lineups, but it’s a lot of fun.

And I’ve found that lineups filled with “serious” bands result in dull and dour festivals.

explains why the ynot lineup is bollocks this year an all then

oh, jinx

Kendal Calling also part of the same group I believe, which has a line-up that’s basically a cross between Y Not and Truck this year.

Not that I’m complaining, I’m still going.

just think theres better festivals for the same price/lower, and that dont have beer sponsors so you can byob (which you cant with ynot so presumably the others either). 2000trees for eg is smaller but a much better atmosphere and had the likes of refused last year (although fucking slaves this year, so)

Yeah agree with that - I went to Eden Festival in Scotland last year. I barely knew a single name on the lineup but it was a bring your own booze sort affair and it was great, and didn’t cost an arm and a leg.

Most of my friends don’t have quite the same tolerance for music they aren’t familiar with than I do, so the likes of Kendal or Truck are great because it gets everyone in the same place for a weekend of LADS LADS LADS etc.

yeah if thats what youre after then fair dos

Oh dear. That’s much worse.

Honestly with the right people and festival atmosphere the line up hardly matters.

It’s also always the bands you least expect that end up being the most fun. Found the Cure and PJ Harvey tedious but absolutely loved BSP and The King Blues. Despite the first two making far better music.

Weeper Cruise*

1 Like

Anyone who goes to a festival purely for the lineup is a chump

1 Like

YNOT? That lineup is why not

1 Like