The Stolen Pub Glass Thread

Further to earlier comments, here’s a thread to share your stolen (or indeed legitimately acquired) glassware.

As a starter for ten, here’s a Hoegaarden half pint glass.

I’ve got two of these, they’re a really good size.

Feel free to add anything else you’ve come by that was once from a pub - trays, ashtrays, horse brasses, beer mats, whatever

2 Likes

I have one of these, that I hate.

2 Likes

A Hoegaarden pint glass. It’s probably a very lethal weapon given its weight.

2 Likes

A pair of these that I half inched from a Wetherspoons (support local independent pubs - only steal from chains).

3 Likes

I think I speak for everyone when I say we have one of these

5 Likes

Should have nicked it in retrospect.

Yeah I half expect they charge so much because they expect the glasses to get pinched

Got a couple of Mikkeller pints and halves from a number of visits.

3 Likes

Pubs get them for free, innit? Victimless crime.

7 Likes

And could easily fit a pizza express “big pint” I reckon

Feel less bad about having swiped a gigantic Paulaner glass now

I like this one

2 Likes

Used to bring good ones home when I ran a pub but had to stop cause it was getting out of hand. Still got 2 of these though

s-l400

and nicked a really nice Budvar half pint tankard for my mum once that she liked when we were out somewhere, want one for myself though.

3 Likes

Big name drinks and brewery branded glasses - fine
Venue-specific and small or independent brewery glasses - not fine, costs a lot of money for them to order more.

6 Likes

Sub-thread: theft stories.

My aunt took a liking to some particularly unusual pint glasses so put one up each trouser leg, tucked her trousers into her socks, and walked out of the bar looking like she’d soiled herself. She reckoned she was a genius, but the landlady totally knew.

2 Likes

Have a couple in this house

Brew By Numbers

Paid a deposit of £3 for this one. Return the glass get your deposit back. So technically not stolen, but was lifted from the taproom

Magic Rock

Really like this one. Don’t reall use it enough actually. Stolen from the brewery/taproom in 'uddersfield

Also have a Heineken pint glass that should probably go really.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Aren’t they certified bad dudes?

The weren’t when I went.

The company that owns/owned (dunno which atm) are very bad dudes.

2 Likes

Kirin. They’re currently trying to sell them though

2 Likes