The Strokes

That looks incredibly tasty and I’m guessing it will get even better.

1 Like

first thing the girlfriend sent me this morn was a screen grab of this line up and a reminder that that’s her birthday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fuck, that’s a banging lineup.

This post paid for by PROF$.

2 Likes

A list with a song from Comedown Machine that isn’t ‘Welcome To Japan’ is not a valid list.

4 Likes

Needs more Modern Girls & Old Fashion Men.

3 Likes

Fifth best song on the album, and still better than All The Time.

2 Likes

Weird that they’d get someone who doesn’t really like the band to do a piece like this. Does every single song write-up need a dig? Also his ‘Room On Fire was a rushed failure’ take is such a tepid, off-the-mark one. It’s as good as the debut, my guy. Classic Petridis.

10 Likes

Feels like the list of someone who has gained their knowledge after a play through of the most popular tracks on Spotify

2 Likes

Not only is it off-the-mark (they were still wildly successful and adored after Room on Fire), he repeats it three fucking times in the same article.

5 Likes

NYC Cops at 3 is probably the most egregious thing on that list.

5 Likes

This Alex guy needs to grow up. Everything on room on fire is beautiful and perfect

12 Likes

Ode to the Mets isn’t on there.

Fucks sake, Alexis, you’re better than this.

3 Likes

Not sure where he’s got the idea that it was rushed from.

They must have completed the writing of songs for Is This It by spring 2021, and RoF came out in the autumn of 2003. Hardly the quickest turnaround!

Would have included Taken For A Fool on the list personally, thought that was the highlight on Angles.

3 Likes

Fully agreed, love the chorus on that.

1 Like

So quick they travelled 18 years back in time!

6 Likes

and they performed meet me in the bathroom and between love and hate on the $2 bill show. so in February 2002 they had early versions of 2 room on fire songs

Haha :rofl: :rofl:

I initially wrote 2023 for RoF and corrected myself but didn’t spot the Is This It blooper. Clearly getting old.

1 Like

Ah yeah, I saw them at Brixton around then and they played those two. Also think The Way It Is was kicking about during the later part of the Is This It tour as well. Clearly AP thinks they wrote and recorded the other 7 or 8 tunes on the record a week before the deadline.

2 Likes

Looking at their shows in late 2002, they were playing 5 of the 11 songs off Room On Fire pretty regularly so :woman_shrugging: