The Summer 2020 Wrestling Thread! Including: New Japan Cup! Fans returning to shows! AEW and WWE's continual race to the bottom!)

That’s pretty much exactly where I’m at too. The Best Friends and Jericho can get away with it because they’re actually funny. I’m not sure what the hell Hardy’s thing is supposed to be but it isn’t that. Tbf the concept of Sammy G feuding with just one of Hardy’s personalities while the rest kinda like him is so stupid I’m almost on board but it’s almost certainly gonna get old very quickly.

3 Likes

haven’t seen any of this but that sounds brilliant

4 Likes

It only started on last week’s Dynamite tbf. JR sounded like his head might explode on commentary which makes the whole thing worthwhile for me.

3 Likes

just finished the greatest wrestling match ever™, thought it was actually pretty good! not as good as styles / bryan on friday but still, surprisingly good.

1 Like

In case there was any doubt

how many books would you need to write to document every wild story about the WWE

like, 45?

You would need an entire library to be fair

2 Likes

Apparently USA are pissed that WWE have removed Hayman from Raw. Annoyed that WWE failed to commit to a rebuild plan they had presented USA. Vince cant seem to do anything right at the moment

1 Like

Raw last night looked great from the review. Real storyline building and interlinking throughout the show.

Plus Big Show is back which is always good

1 Like

And Christian!!!

WWE tapings today cancelled after someone on the roster present at the PC on the 9th June tested positive for COVID.

They’re testing the whole roster and backstage staff before continuing, but aiming to get back to it this week.

Ishii’s so great

2 Likes

Really think it could be his tournament. Someone’s got to beat Okada in that bracket, might as well be him if not Ibushi in the final.

1 Like

Can see it, although why do you think Okada needs to lost? Is there other plans for him already or just because they need to switch it up a bit

Good point, I just assumed doing Okada/Naito again would be later down the road? I figured Ishii/Naito would be an interesting but fairly routine defence for him so early into his reign. Maybe you’re right though and they’ll front load with a huge rematch from the off. Also they seem a bit more prepared to experiment with NJC winners -ZSJ winning it etc.

1 Like

I think Ibushi’s winning the G1 again so he needs another big loss here to continue the downward slope before the redemption

1 Like

wasn’t questioning your logic as such, certainly think your semi-final predictions are most likely spot on, its just a big deal whenever Okada loses is why I’m asking :smiley:

1 Like

Funny you should say that. And they’ve now banned face masks at tv tapings…

1 Like

To add to this, apparently they had the public in the crowd yesterday and wouldn’t let anyone in if they were wearing a facemask… da fuck is wrong with this comapny!!!

(presumably because they didn’t want masks appearing on TV) and want facial reactions

“It’s a company called Allied BioScience,” said Triple H. “They have a spray that, it’s a process that makes it cling to surfaces and the surface, once it’s coated, it lasts for 90 to 120 days and it acts like a sword that punctures the cell wall of the virus or what causes the virus and kills it on contact. It lasts through even the other cleanings and various levels of everything we’re doing. We coated our facilities at the Performance Center, the warehouses, even our production trucks. We’re taking every precaution that we’ve been advised that is the best practice to take, and then some.”

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

1 Like