THE AUTUMN 2022 WRESTLING THREAD (feat. some stuff that's happened already, placeholder until the new year, happy Mert?)

RVD’s seemed to have lost a ton of weight. Guy’s an absolute freak.
https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1548301253393858560

2 Likes

ECW was a bit bleak but fuck me RVD was amazing. Just unbelievably good

1 Like

Also ooh early October is around my birthday :eyes:

Fucking hell every year I remember what a nightmare the NJPW player is and end up watching it illegally

Is it the ZSJ-Kenta match that’s the G1 match on this one?

Yes it is, very good it is too

fuck yeah

2 Likes

That ric flair reveal is something else

(Also wonder if they had to change his partner with the weird overdub at the end)

The match’s changed a few times since they first said it was happening, so wouldn’t surprise me.

Haven’t seen Darby take such a beating since PL season 07/08. He’s gonna wake up feeling way worse than the lads bumping through barbwire.

1 Like

What an extremely rubbish dynamite

1 Like

ROH ppv this Sat though looks v tempting tbh, would’ve way preferred this over the last couple weeks dynamite tbh:
Gresham v Claudio
Lethal v Joe
FTR v Briscoes 2 out of 3 falls
Yuta v Garcia
Mercedes v Deeb

3 Likes

That’s extremely tempting to watch live. Got Allysin Kay v Willow Nightingale as well (Kay was great when she was in NWA)

WELL

3 Likes

“However, I am still in charge of creative”

2 Likes

Wonder if it’s related to this in any way

Nah I’m kidding Vince it’s literally Logan Roy just puppet mastering despite being “retired”

It’s also probably just for Smackdown numbers tonight as it worked last time

I reckon it’s because some new shit is about to come out about the hush money and he’s quitting before he’s pushed.

2 Likes

It’s certainly possible, but he’s still running the show too some extent or another until he is dead

1 Like

WWE is going to be so, so, immeasurably better when it’s not the centred around the humour and likes of Vince. Everyone else should be worried tbh (except fans).

1 Like