THE AUTUMN 2022 WRESTLING THREAD (feat. some stuff that's happened already, placeholder until the new year, happy Mert?)

suspect a roh show is imminent and they’ve belted up jericho to help launch it

2 Likes

That would make sense - it worked for AEW after all. Still reckon my Ocho theory is more likely though. “Hey Tony - gimme a belt real quick I’ve got a new catchphrase.”

3 Likes

Give it to Dark til end of season

Fair play - Paige is a good get, and she’d have found work elsewhere, so Khan may as well get her on a contract for AEW. Would imagine it’ll be a reasonable schedule that doesn’t risk her too much.

Feels weird that a week ago he was wrestling for the AEW championship and now he’s got a completely different belt.

There’s gotta be a reason for it.

3 all timer DDT sells on this show (pac x2, athena x1)

1 Like

Was it just me or were the crowd a bit quiet on Dynamite?

Good matches. Enjoyed the Tag match. Main event was enjoyable.

they were pretty quiet during some of the heat sections yeah but there were monster pops for a couple of the finishes and the debut

1 Like

Grand Slam - I was surprised that Mox won the strap, i felt sure it was BDs this time. I guess Mox is more of a foil for MJF on the mic. Guess they will set up for a full gear mjf title win maybe?

Brilliant week all in all. Not a low point in the whole show, even if the crowd were worn out by the end. Made up for the scissor boys, they deserve a run and surely now swerve and keith will get feudin’

…and people say Tony Khan doesn’t read these boards!

Watching Dynamite now. Judas is such a shit song. Part of the reason I dislike this iteration of Jericho. Well… that and giving money to Trump.

1 Like

I bloody knew it

2 Likes

Well, thanks to Jericho winning an 8th world title, I now know what ocho means. I only knew it from Dodgeball and thought it was something to do with being obscure haha

1 Like

Wild Thing is shit too. That version of it is, anyway.

I proper miss his old theme

Him coming out to the Troggs version had a very boxing/MMA feel to it which I liked

1 Like

Finally watched the last two of the Okada/Omega matches and am desperate for Kenny to get back in AEW. Pure work, pure talent. So much potential for that elusive 5 star match, and possibly with Punk too. Think of the buy rates!

1 Like

Total guess but I reckon punk is done with AEW and probably wrestling. Bridges have been really burnt there, he’s got a bad injury and the man bears a grudge like few other. If he does come back I think it could be years

1 Like

He’ll patch up with Aitch and main event Wrestlemania Vs Cody in 2024 imo

2 Likes

Oof, it sounds ridiculous but I could almost see him doing it to spite AEW. They should then just sign ryback to feud with him.

1 Like