The Thrills are actually really good...

i imagine they’re now all married to models and spend all their time surfing off the cost of… ireland

one of them went into acting afaik

Teenager is their best album imho. Not a patch on grandaddy though.

2 Likes

Still in Haim, surely?

You obviously haven’t heard Disco Inferno.

2 Likes
1 Like

Used to know a guy at university who was convinced the song One Horse Town was about him and his friend Evans. Like, he was insistent that The Thrills had been to Crewe and written a song about him and his best mate without either of them noticing.

1 Like

At least I’m consistent

So Much For The City was released 20 years ago today. The Independent ran a retrospective piece last week, catching up with each of the band members. Seemed to come from nowhere so I wonder if they’re trying to gauge how much of an appetite there is for a reunion :thinking:.

(I’d definitely go)

3 Likes

I’d be there in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Gtfo

Edit: never knowingly heard The Thrills before. Just see their album in charity shops a lot.

3 Likes

Weirdly decided out of nowhere to listen to the first album for the first time, the other day. Much better than 20 Y/O me gave them credit for.

2 Likes

God I used to hate this band

Sorry

1 Like

Good band. Haven’t consciously listened to them for years, but always have a rum old time if I hear them. Might turn the telly off and stick them on.

1 Like

Saw them on a day festival with the White Stripes in maybe 2006? We’re a pleasant band and would be nice on a sunny day like today.

1 Like

Guaranteed you’ll like them more than you used to, can’t say if that’s enough though. Wish I could, but I cannot and will not, not yet.

The best sunny day album

Grandaddy don’t have any songs though

Bizarre take

2 Likes