The time for noticing tennis is approaching

think Muller and Cilic back to back is fairly tough on paper for Rafa, probs not in reality though and if he reaches the QFs i have him winning the whole thing
disappointed to see Kyrgios in Murray’s quarter again, could still be a good match but Murray deals with his threat far better than the rest of the big 4
bit worried that Delpo won’t even get past Kokkinakis in round 1, pumped for that third round if he makes it though

All the Feddy fans boohooing over what a hard draw he has. It’s a fucking cakewalk for him.

His section is full of players who will mundanely take him down if he’s feeling all hurt and sorry for himself, which he probably will be. I’d fancy it’ll be Shapovalov coming through, and he’d be just the test for Murray’s title challenge credentials.

Konta’s withdrawn from Eastbourne. Presumably the head thing? Hope she’s OK and they’ve got plenty of replacement parts.

Video on the ATP site demonstrating what a tennis nerd Murray is. His first round opponent on Monday, a new kid Bublik went round interviewing the top players during the clay season. He asked Murray what it takes to be a top player and Murray told him that serving 20 double faults in a match doesn’t help, referencing Bublik’s performance in the first round of qualifying at an event in Morocco at the lowest end of the ATP tournament scale.

So I think we can assume Murray will have done his homework come Monday.

2 Likes

never seen Bublik play but apparently he has a crafty game, could be fun
skimming through the draw again, possibly entertaining first round matches:
Benneteau - Stakhovsky
Delpo - Kokkinakis
Azarenka - Bellis
Niculescu - Rybarikova
Giorgi - Cornet

also can’t see it but would love Kohlschreiber to beat Cilic

Half an hour in and the BBC still haven’t shown any actual tennis.

Can Laura Robson nab the coveted title of first loser of the tournament?

#COME ON TIM!

1 Like

Kyrgios displaying the levels of commitment and dedication we’ve come to expect of him.

Hooray! First toys out of the pram of the fortnight from Sousa.

Hope all his racquets break, then he shits himself mid-serve.

On the plane home already m9

1 Like

oh boy :frowning:

He can shit himself on the plane too. Right after he stands up to try and get to the toilet, bangs his head on the overhead storage, and has to awkwardly squeeze past an asleep fat bloke with body odour issues.

Right Andy let’s get this party started.

Lap it up all, this is the second and last time you’ll ever get to see a British player open the play on Centre Court.

Nah he’ll win this year.

I’d love to hope so, but I can’t see it.

Henman standing next to Boris, presumably keeping a hand discreetly covering his wallet.

Henman is busy having to continually deny his bid for UKIP leadership

Kill the Jobber