The time for noticing tennis is approaching

Aye just caught the last few games, looked like it was just his fitness that got him through in the end. enjoyed the underarm serving from Donaldson

Calm, fitter, biffier, more jobbing
A player on a court probably on drugs

This is good from a few days ago

:heart: Naomi Osaka and hope she has a long and successful career

Serena’s nowhere near there yet is she :frowning:

yeah that was a really bad set, Barty’s a crafty player but she didn’t even really have to do anything

Still got the magic though, when she’s got her mad up. She’ll lose to the first top quality player, but gotta take it one step at a time I guess. [NB just realised that’s probably either Pliskova or… gulp Sharapova.]

Still trying to get my head around having to take Isner and Anderson seriously as players.

both seem to be peaking in their 30s, worried Isner’s still gonna be knocking at 39 like Karlovic, still being hyped by Americans and then losing in the 3rd round of every slam. got faith in Delpo to take him out here if neither of them lose on saturday

Last couple of sets were sharp enough considering where she’s at, missed the first round so assuming that first set was just an aberration

Yeah she’s a bit sluggish, but… she still packs heaps of welly, still serves like a rocket and still makes shots others can’t. I think a good, intelligent, consistent player will find a way through (let’s face it even Barty managed it for periods when she could hit hard), but the magic’s still there if she can get a bit more nimble over the next few months.

not sure why but i quite like Karlovic whereas Isner can absolutely do one.

saw Karlovic play at Wimbledon one year against some tiny Belgian guy and it was just so unfair, had a couple of aces that seemed to just bounce over the Belgian guy’s head :smiley:

1 Like

mens draw has been fun this year eh
first slam in forever where the first few rounds on the mens side have been watchable

yeah i don’t mind big Ivo

thought Dzumhur had choked this away but Zverev is choking even harder

Kyle’s got a long way to go to become the new Tim.

Me: “The Edmund - Fognini match has gone to a fifth set.”
The tv: “Who’s he playing?”

some Ostapenko 2017 vibes about Kontaveit this clay swing, don’t think there’s any shame in Kvitova losing to her.
Pliskova was shite tho, other than this point

Sharapova’s playing really well. as much as i want Serena to beat her if they meet, excited about the prospect a match between them where there’s some actual uncertainty about the outcome

shame that one of Goffin and Monfils has to lose :frowning:

Zverev into his first slam QF, could not have made more of a meal of it if he tried :smiley:
third straight win from 2 sets to 1 down

Assume this must be Steve “Interesting” Darcis in 2009, a right tiddler at a mere 5’10" :wink: Darcis principally known for an amusing profile photo on the ATP website which made him look like a boiled egg with an ear missing

found it

oh yes and also amusingly dumping Nadal out of Wimbledon in the first round in 2013.

Got to think he’s going to pay the price for all that court time eventually.

Olivier Rochus was 5’5" !