The time for noticing tennis is approaching

Didn’t drop a fuckjng set all tournament

A new Goran is born.

1 Like

pfft, 8 championships…Nadal’s won 10 French Opens!

2 Likes

Right, now get on with the interesting bit and announce the new Doctor Who, Federer.

1 Like

That’d be a helluva coup for the beeb

1 Like

Don’t tell me you fell for the story that Serena was “pregnant” did you…

1 Like

Oh.

Just scrolled up. Seems I’ve got to go some way to troll you tennis fans as much as @profk already has.

1 Like

clay court isnt real tennis tbf

2 Likes

Didn’t watch the final but bah
poor guy tho :frowning:

Yeah it was a pretty shitty day. Even managed to take a bit of the shine off it for Roger too I feel.

yeah
guess how boring this all was is a testament to Federer’s ridiculousness.
less than 6 months after that AO win which felt genuinely astounding. wonder if he’ll end up with another 3 slam season

It actually says a lot for Cilic that he stuck it out and won a few games in that third set. Deeply ironic that in doing so he managed to get a better result than Nalbandian in 2002, who had no such excuses, given that Fat Dave gave him first hand experience of what it’s like for your opponent to hand you a title without allowing you to win matchpoint. With hindsight that history made it inevitable that he’d have played to the end even on one leg.

Federer’s growing a beard
and being schooled by Zverev so far in this Montreal final. this is good
Woz lost to Svitolina in Toronto earlier and is now 0-6 in finals this year :smiley:

Just installed in my new office I literally only need to turn my head to the left to see the O2 in all its “glory” next door. Shame that men’s tennis appears to have had a nervous breakdown this year, what with the current world numbers 4 and 5 out for the season, and the numbers 1, 6 and 9 withdrawn from Cincy. God only knows who’s going to be rocking up in November.

pretty intrigued by this Kyrgios Dimitrov final. would be happy for either of them to get their first big title.
Halep again about to fall a match short of reaching number 1 here, getting demolished. Muguruza’s really bringing the consistency since wimbledon, looks a decent bet to end the year at #1 herself

On balance I think I’d have preferred Kyrgios. Dimitrov is sort of yesterday’s news by now. Definitely signs that the changes are being rung in in the men’s game though. Surely next year will be the last competitive one for both Federer and Nadal, and probably the last year when either Djokovic or Murray can reliably reach the latter stages of all the slams. It looks like Zverev will step up, maybe Thiem will make it at the French next year, and Shapovalov is looking promising too. Plenty of dead wood to clear out of the top ten yet though.

Shame about Halep. A trouncing like that isn’t going to do her confidence any favours. As for Muguruza I’m just surprised it’s taken her a year to start to look dominant. For all the world it looked like she had it all at her feet after last year’s French.

C’mon Tim

Draws out for the last slam of the year. Last chance for Murray to limit the damage to his ranking (even temporarily regain number one if he wins it and Nadal doesn’t make the final I think) and add to his slam tally this year. On the face of it his draw looks a dream: opposite half to both Federer and Nadal. If he loses before the quarters it’ll have to be either a shocker or he’s still injured, and if he gets there the toughest it looks is a match against one of the kids. Semi against walking wounded Cilic or heir presumptive Zverev could be interesting, but realistically he’s got a good shot at this title if he’s fit.

Watson will presumably lose to Cornet? Konta’s draw looks OK. Robson out meekly in first round of qualies. :frowning:

Ooh missed Halep vs Sharapova in R1. Classic good vs evil contest. Tasty.

Zverev in the semi could be great fun, Murray’s draw up until then is an absolute peach though
despite the obliterated field think this’ll be harder for Fed than Wimbledon was (couldn’t really be easier tbf)
couldn’t ask for a better first round match than Halep - Sharapova