The time for noticing tennis is approaching

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Just seen that framed return winner on matchpoint. What goes around comes around Novak :smiley:

not sure either of them can beat Muguruza on current form regardless of what happens here tbh. glad to see Sharapova dispatched with ease anyway

Certainly a crushing. Not seen Garb play yet.

here we go Diego!

2 Likes

Get in Diego!

2 Likes

Can’t watch coz work but fucking imagine getting a DelPo/Schwartzman & Thiem/Italian guy semi-finals - what a dream!

How many decades since Nadal last lost a set at RG? I can’t be bothered to check.

37 straight sets apparently
since Novak beat him in 2015

1 Like

did not see this coming. cmon Simona
if she does win this, she has a great record against Keys & her game seems to match up favourably against Stephens, either one could be the final opponent she needs to get over the line at a slam

Thought you might pipe up around now :wink:

1 Like

Well obviously she wasn’t going to serve it out…

You have to reckon that JMDP has a genuine chance against Nadal. Beating Cilic like that is no mean feat, and Rafa’s showing some weakness. Maybe he’s in with a real shot at the title.

aye the rain delay killed it yesterday but from what I saw earlier in the tournament Rafa looked a bit wobbly on serve too
could be interesting

Also, like Stan, JMDP is one of those players that doesn’t give a shit about the reputation of the guy on the other side of the net.

Will Halep keep it together here?..

:clap:

Let’s hope she doesn’t mug this chance off. Neither of those two is an Ostapenko in the making you’d think. A much more standard challenge.

think Sloane is the bigger threat based on her record in finals but yeah, 5-1 H2H against Keys and 5-2 against Stephens, seems to have a handle on both their games

actually don’t think Halep played badly in any of her previous slam finals tbh, was a big underdog vs Sharapova, had a mini choke last year but Ostapenko was playing out of her mind, Wozniacki on hard courts is just a bad fit for her game & she was burned out from the semi.

agree with this
https://twitter.com/tumcarayol/status/1004736010750701569

Yes I agree. The Ostapenko final I think has parallels with the Murray v Federer Wimbledon final in 2012. You’ve got a player who has finally honed their game to its peak, they’ve done all the hard work to plough through the draw to the final, they play well, but… their opponent starts pulling rabbits out of the hat left right and centre.

And of course that becomes a mental millstone around the neck. But I fancy Saturday might even end up being a bit routine.

Wonder if Cecchinato had any money on himself going down in straights.

My ability to inverse jinx people comes good again. No sooner do I confidently assert that Thiem will never win anything, here he is in a French Open final.

At a festival so will miss the finals but really hope Thiem gives a good account of himself tomorrow, been the most entertaining men’s slam in ages and deserves more than a routine Nadal win

If Halep wins today then all of the top 4 will ve holding slams, might be unprecedented? Haven’t checked. Also whoever wins we’ll have 3 of the 4 held by defensive counter-puncher type players, feels like a break from the ‘big babe tennis’ era. Yeah Kerbs won 2 in 2016 but she felt like an outlier at the time