The time for noticing tennis is approaching

Four games in and this is quite a cracker.

Impressed with Stephens so far. Still backing Halep but thought she’d have control of this from the off.

Could be all over before Stephens starts spraying it. Halep needs to wear her out. At the momeny she’s not managing to hit through.

That cross court forehand :star_struck:

Really great control from Stephens so far. Think you’re right- Halep doesn’t seem to be finding what she needs to turn this around. Quite wayward and not making the best decisions with some of her shots.

Nah it’s all about power. She’s undepowered.

This is a bit more like it. Let’s have a competition.

2 Likes

I like both Stephens and Halep, and this is turning into a fascinating game (hopefully). But I feel I have to side with Halep because another loss could be so devastating for her :frowning:

This set is all over the place!

Unfortunately, for this to be as good as, for example, Wimbledons from 5-10 years ago, you need a more evenly matched final. Don’t get me wrong, it’ll be great if Thiem does win…but it’ll be an almighty shock (to me, at least)

Last player to beat Nadal on clay: Thiem
Last player before that: Thiem.

Are you calling a Thiem win then? (I did know those stats…it’s still a big call though).

Away from all that though, if Halep wins this game it could be a great final.

Yeah just saying.

Of course Nadal’s going to win.

Simona’s cooking a bit now.

2 Likes

SI-MO-NA!

SI-MO-NA!

1 Like

I think Bartoli’s going to explode.

1 Like

She’s gone silent. Maybe she really has exploded.

Worthy winner. Chuffed for Halep

1 Like

Come on shrewbs. Get it out.

1 Like

Watched the last few games on my phone in a tent like a total sad act
Absolutely delighted for her, great stuff

2 Likes

Tennis nerds - Will this final be worth watching? Any chance that Thiem beats Nadal?

Anything can happen, so yes there is a small chance. It is a small chance though, and as with all Nadal finals I may or may not watch it depending on whether there’s anything better to do.

1 Like