The time for noticing tennis is approaching

Sounds like a no, for the casual at least

Yeah it is sunny out.

lol at the idea of French sophistication with that tacky Louis Vuitton box they brought the trophy otut in.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tennis match where one player is so consistently just a fraction better than the other. Amused by Courier’s obvious contempt for Thiem’s inability to keep the ball in the court and break Nadal physically in that last game.

Greatest of all time obviously

He’s OK at hoicking a crosscourt ball on a patch of dirt, I’ll give you that.

2 Likes

Diseases of tennis number one: the word “congrats”

I choose to blame Novak Djokovic for this.

Someone has edited the grand slam champions wikipedia page to give Nadal 17 French Opens. Now that’s a depressing thought.

1 Like

Shame they get the two best, most entertaining tournaments out of the way first isn’t it.

It’s a year round sport old boy :wink:

1 Like

I’m talking about Monte Carlo and Rome obviously

1 Like

“Interesting” to think that despite all the dominance of a small group of players over the last couple of decades you still have to go back to Laver to find the last player to win all four slams more than once. Obviously Nadal nailing down Roland Garros has a lot to do with that, but Federer’s never winning another French. I wonder if Nadal will ever manage to sneak another Oz title or (slightly more likely) Djokovic nab another French.

saw the result earlier and moved swiftly on to thinking about the grass court season

any chance of Murray playing Wimbledon at all? i’m off to Rosmalen on friday which was supposed to be his comeback tournament but he has since pulled out :frowning:

Nobody knows do they. He’s apparently registered to play the China Open later in they year. Obviously managing to play Wimbledon or even Queens would have advantages in that it would give him a chance to maintain something of a ranking, but that’s going to take second place to coming back match fit.

I think the problem seems to be that he’s making progress, but then having setbacks, so we probably won’t know until we know. One thing’s for sure though, he won’t be lighting any fires in London this summer. A couple of wins at either tournament would be a good result.

Out of the top 100 today, for the first time since September 2005 :frowning:

Becker <3

1 Like

Went to Rosmalen yesterday, saw :

Krunic d. Kudermetova 6-2 6-2 (courtside on a tiny empty court)
Final set of Flipkens d. Bertens
6-4 6-7 6-1
Part of Mertens getting beaten by Lottner (didn’t stick around cos Mertens was playing disappointingly rubbish and Lottner seems like a boring tree)
Tomic d. Verdasco 6-4 7-6
Gasquet d. Tsitipras 7-6 7-6
bits and pieces of a few other matches

Krunic, Flipkens and obv Tomic all play with loads of spin and slices and junk which is great to watch and effective on grass, really glad i saw them all win. Hope Krunic kills Vandeweghe today. Pretty funny given their respective rankings that Tomic has won his last 6 against Verdasco, who seems to have no idea how to deal with his game

Here’s pat cash
Had a great day tbh, reckon these first grass events of the season are the best tournaments to attend. Pretty sunburnt now

1 Like

Sounds great! I remember that Wimbledon match between Murray and Verdasco, where two sets down Murray finally realised he just needed to play slightly non-standard tennis and then breezed through the chump.

Speaking of which, Murray finally makes his return at Queens’ and will play… Kyrgios. Of course he will. Pretty much guaranteed to be a weird weird match, and one where you wouldn’t bank on both players making it off the court in one piece.

Still, good luck Andy. Give it your best shot.

AUTOTRON

2 Likes

Yeah I remember that. Still have a soft spot for Verdasco, the big grumpy teddy bear