The Twilight Sad - Rolling (inc new Football Shirt)

Happy to hear they continue to be amazing, they have only got better over time! I remember messaging James on Facebook via the TTS page about how amazing they were at Primavera in 2014, and he was gracious to send me a message back and say thanks for coming. They are such wonderful guys and happy to see their success just keep growing.

1 Like

Aye thatā€™s the one I was on about above. Also remember him saying ā€œSorry we havenā€™t been here in so long, we didnā€™t realise anyone here liked usā€. Crowd was small enough but not embarrassingly so, definitely dwarfed by the Voodoo crowd last time though.

Auntie Annies gig was also the only time Iā€™ve managed to swipe a setlist after a gig (tried to nick an FOTL setlist in Glasgow the other year but it turned out to be a lyric prompt so decided itā€™d be polite to leave it behind)

1 Like

Miss Auntie Annies as a venue. Saw some amazing bands there to tiny crowds.
I for one bloody love them and Iā€™m sure lots of other NI people do.
James really seems like a very likable and great guy.
Even Voodoo was small enough and was able to get up front pretty easily. Itā€™ll be interesting to see where they play next here if they make it over in the new yeat :slight_smile:

Aye Voodooā€™s tiny but I remember it being pretty packed out comparatively, definitely had to strain to see the stage from where I was.

That was my last time in Auntie Annies before it closed, saw a couple of local gigs there after it reopened with the stupid name and was basically the same inside, no idea what if anything is upstairs from the shit new pub in its place now.

A Place to Bury Strangers w/ Japandroids for Ā£7 was definitely an AA highlight. They ran a short lived half price ticket promo and I got mine for Ā£3.50

1 Like

Manchester sold out for February.

Off to the Edinburgh gig tonight :+1: on the drive up rn, weā€™re just stopped at Tebay, hanging with the ducks, how nice! Anyway itā€™s our first time in Edinburgh, anybody got any good reccos for things to see, good places to eat for vegans, good pubs near the venue?

ā€œYou did him proudā€

What a band. Bring on the Barras.

1 Like

Modern Dancing has gone back into my Spotify rotation as a result of this thread. So so good!

1 Like

You said they ā€œwereā€ a good band - have they stopped?

I thought they sorta had - I was sure I remembered some shows back in 2016ish having that ā€œlast in a long whileā€ tag, but seems they played more last year, she their Facebook has this from last autumn which mentions a third LP

Cheerfully withdrawn!

Guy on the right used to be a very good rollerblader

1 Like

TTS in session on Vic Galloway on BBC Radio Scotland right now. On the BBC Sounds app for anybody interested.

2 Likes

:sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Loooooooooooooooong shot I know but if anyone has a spare at any point for the Manchester date next month I will be eternally grateful. I am furious I let it sell out.

1 Like

Very excited for Friday.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve been hugely old fashioned with this release and avoided all the preview songs and videos; canā€™t wait for Friday and I hope Rock Action are prompt sending out the limited vinyl edition! Iā€™m probably one of those rare TTS fans that considers No One Can Ever Know their dark masterpiece, so any hint of a return to that mood is A.OK with meā€¦

5 Likes

This is getting incredible reviews across the board. I really hope itā€™s the album that manages to take them up a level.

2 Likes

Sure that a number of you have seen this but they are doing a bunch of instores across January. Leeds, Bristol, Glasgow, Nottingham, Bristol etc.

Aiming to make Bristol Rough Trade. The website says something about a ā€˜stripped back setā€™. Not sure whether that means acoustic or as a three piece.

James and Andy only.

Fingers crossed. Would be fully deserved.

2 Likes