The UK's best pub of 2021 is 🍻

The Galvin Green Man in Chelmsford…

Not quite what I picture when I think of as a ‘boozer’ type pub tbh tbf. Anyone been? Do they show the football?

Nice to see The Wiremill on the awards list as I was there Sunday evening. Lovely spot on a lake. Was worried about the kids falling in…

My closest pub, the much loved Skehans, didn’t place surprisingly :woman_shrugging:

Anyone like any pubs recently?

2 Likes

How much is their steak and chips?

4 Likes

£6. Same as toast…

1 Like

£36.50 per person to share a chateaubriand and chips.

It looks like the pub has been extended by taking the left hand and right hand side and pushing them apart like an extending table

1 Like

It’s still the Rutland Arms, I’m afraid

1 Like

Camra or nothing

Looks up the winner for the South West section and sees that it’s somewhere in Gloucestershire Well now I’m annoyed, thanks.

1 Like

Coca-Cola Europacific Partners Pub Brand of the Year
JD Wetherspoon

2 Likes

Is your closest pub any good?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Mine is not, but I live near loads of nice pubs so it’s not an issue.

Coca-Cola Europacific Partners Pub Brand of the Year
JD Wetherspoon

What a bleak society we’ve become

that there’s a restaurant, i reckon

4 Likes

It’s one of those fancy “inn with rooms” deals, not really a pub in the traditional sense.

1 Like

Also it’s not in the South West.

1 Like

It’s a bit shit but that’s part of its charm.

Can’t get that excited about that sort of thing tbh.

my local is a bit too nice, just look at the clientele! always loads of wedding wankers in there as well

prefer to go to the shabbier one down the road

7 Likes

I have a decent pub about 90 seconds walk away, but the nearest pub, a few doors down from my flat, is not great

Londesborough and the Shakey?

Probs wouldn’t put any of the Walthamstow pubs up for this award although there are numerous honourable mentions. My nearest probably this fella which has had a massive exterior refurb and is a nice place to dodge the doggers around the Hollow Ponds

2 Likes

don’t like the chairs in the winner. not pubby enough

1 Like