The UKs Diversity Of Crisp Flavours

yeah but that’s a given. lump them in with central europe and russia

1 Like

Tell you what, I’ve never seen anchovy flavour crisps. I’d give them a go, come on Lineker, pull your finger out

In Japan, each region has its own Kit Kat flavour that you can’t buy anywhere else. Could easily adapt the system to crisp flavours across the EU. Get the flavours right and probably be enough to stop Brexit.

EDIT: think these are the current ones: https://nestle.jp/brand/kit/inbound/en/gotouchi/

3 Likes

Me and mwt had a kitkat tasting party once. We even had the creme brulee ones that you had to put in the oven <3

3 Likes

Weird how Worcestershire Sauce is the best of the basic flavour crisps but they only sell them like once every 10 years.

Used to volunteer next to a corner shop that sold beef and chilli mini cheddars (I think). Never seen them anywhere else in the world but they were so fucking good (and do also count as crisps btw)

4 Likes

Please update

1 Like

Can also confirm. I have the unique experience here of being in a country whose traditional foods are worse than ours. It fills me with joy (and bread).

1 Like

yeah, extra weird because actual worcestershire sauce isn’t very nice

the only other flavour apart from ready salted, and ‘olive oil’ flavour in Spain is this, which is maybe better than any flavour in the UK aside from cheese n onion

what flavour is that?

vegetable flavour

hate vegetable

Can be quite hard to find small packets on the mainland. Crisps are wrongly seen as a social snack rather then a little treat for the lonely bachelor

1 Like

Everyone always bangs on about paprika crisps, they’re mid-table as a flavour at best

Crips all taste the same and are kinda shit

Fanta lemon is amazing in a hot European city and shit in england

Keogh’s and O’Donnell’s shit on UK crisps from a height.

I will admit that these are incredible though. Melt your face off good.

http://www.saltydog-grrr.com/crisps

Best crisps I ever had were wasabi flavoured crinkle cut ones in Budapest. Ohhhh boy. Never been able to find them anywhere else and horseradish / Jalapeño / whatever other flavours just don’t come close.

I don’t like how hard Niknaks are to find these days. Don’t like it one bit.

WH Smiths are the only place that still sell the bastards