The Ultimatum S1 (Netflix)

And obviously I’m Nick Lachey!

3 Likes

Still haven’t got over Newlyweds and somehow blame him.

Stoked for this. :star_struck:

1 Like

I do not like Nick Lachey after reading Jessica Simpson’s memoir! I dislike John Mayer more though.

2 Likes

Off topic but yes, he ruined J Simps’ career!

On topic, episode 2 Alexis was not expecting a knock back! How can someone tell you they’re not attracted to you and you say, “I don’t believe that’s true”??? And then to act like she hasn’t pushed him for a reason, it seemed that she couldn’t understand him saying “I don’t see a future with you” the night before? Like she speaks English but all the words simply did not compute in that order. She’s on another planet, this woman.

2 Likes

Just finished episode 3. I think my favourites are Colby and April? Both are far from perfect but they both seem like good people and just want to marry their partners, I hope they find happiness. Madlyn clearly can’t be arsed with Colby can she, I can’t see her marrying him.

I feel this is much more drama orientated than Love is Blind, emotions obviously run much higher with this set up so there is a lot more tears and fights.

2 Likes

Yes! I thought that was so weird! He was just straightforward, i think he said “i can’t see a future with you” which is fine, then when she came back the second day he told her that he wasn’t attracted to her, again, that is fine, her saying that he isn’t a good person was just her being hurt over the rejection. He was actually what you would want someone to be, he didn’t string her along or be false.

I think alexis knew no one was going to pick her and was surprised. She said something that made me think that she expected lots of people to want to date her

That second episode though! I wonder if the show had peaked to early and we’ve lost some of the interesting people

I’m really bad at remembering names but when that guy proposed to his original girlfriend that was so bad, it looked like he realised that he was going to be the only one not picked. Loads of red flags with him. I feel sorry for her.

1 Like

Alexis thinks she’s absolutely stunning (she is tbf) and that trumps any personality, or lack there of. The money thing is extremely off putting to men, especially these men who are so worried about being financially stable!

1 Like

Find it funny that one girl was shocked her bf might leave her…like ultimatums don’t always work??!! Shocker.

1 Like

Yeah i was surprised she led with how important money and material things was to her. It seems like such a shallow thing it would immediately put people off.

1 Like

I’ve just finished episode 1 and had strong opinions at the time but have forgotten them now lol
Think it was just that the ones who said “if i met the right person my opinions on marriage would change” should get in the bin and tell their partners honestly that it isnt an issue of marriage, its them

2 Likes

This show is utterly deranged. Love it.

4 Likes

Yeah the drawback is that they have to date each other and it becomes “sure I want to get married just NOT TO MY PARTNER” which is like…case closed. If the ones not wanting to get married were dating people who are only looking for short term casual dating too while the wannabe marrieds dated other wannabe marrieds, it would make more sense.

Also I keep thinking of the title as Old Tomatoes

4 Likes

Yeah, feels like everyone who issued an ultimatum on this show is into a marriage rather than their actual relationship.

3 Likes

Episode 4: MADLYN, wow. Has nothing to lose but being a real dick to Shanice. Love that everyone hates Colby though. Jake and Rae seem like a great fit.

I was going to stop watching and do something productive but the cat has settled for a cuddle now so

3 Likes

Just watching ep1.

Love it already.

Main thing that has struck me is how traditional I guess the girls are. A lot are like he should marry me as I’ll cook, clean, do laundry, drive an SUV with kids. Bit :roll_eyes: KNOW YOUR WORTH GURLS

3 Likes

Bombing through this. Love it.

Alexis at her bachelorette party What a bitch

1 Like

I binged em this weekend

Love that she comes back and the FIRST THING she says is about how Colby sucks, she’s not getting over that any time soon

2 Likes

Episode 5 why have they all decided to get it on on the last night!!! Ya’ll could have been shagging this whole time?!

3 Likes

Just watched ep.4. Rae seems a lot more chill than April.

Couple of questions though.I couldn’t quite understand what zay and colby were arguing about. Sounded like they had been out and a girl had come up to zay and then gone over to colby and colby had kissed her, colby was then accusing zay of telling the girl to kiss him. Couldn’t quite get a handle on it though. Seemed weird.

Did jake lie to rae about what his mum said? His mum told the cameras that she really liked april and didn’t seem sure about Rae but Jake told Rae that his mum really liked

Yeah I think Colby kissed another girl, which I guess might be technically fine since they’re “single” during the experiment but Zay considered it to be cheating. So I think Zay felt like Colby cheated on Madlyn and then made out like it was Zay’s fault rather than his own. I think Zay didn’t want people to think he was stirring shit up or interfering or sabotaging other couples so he got really offended.

Yes! I saw that as he just likes Rae and didn’t want to upset her so he lied. Also I guess April had just called her and was in her ear so maybe he felt it was a bit unfair?

1 Like