• well established political figure
  • unlikely any ‘dirt’ can be uncovered by the press or the Republicans
  • supports Bernie Sanders’ ‘Medicare for All’ proposal

Cons:

• her record as California’s Attorney General
  • too moderate for the left
  • former Biden rival
1 Like

Harris was the first Senator to co-sponsor Bernie Sanders’ bill.

During the first Democratic debate, she was one of two candidates who raised their hands when asked if they would get rid of private health insurance as president, which is one of the key reforms in the Medicare For All plan.

In July 2019 she introduced a variation on Sanders’ proposal, with the main difference the length of time it would take to implement the changes (10 years in her case). There were some other, less significant differences as well, but substantially she remained committed to the Medicare For All principals.

1 Like

How is her being a former Biden rival a ‘con’? Isn’t that sort of thing quite usual in VP stuff?

Cons: perfectionist, workaholic, if anything she cares too much

13 Likes

Is that a rhetorical question?

Or are you just pleased to see me?

3 Likes

No, I was offering to explain why to you if it wasn’t :wink:

She all but accused him of being a rapist and also called him out over his stance on busing black kids, which was pretty racist.

I wonder if she still believes his victims?

Either way hopefully it’ll work out and Trump will get the boot.

2 Likes

Her record for what, bench presses?

Who was prosecuted (or not) under her tenure as AG.

In better news, Ilhan Omar is the latest member of “The Squad” to easily defeat her Democratic primary challenger to represent her district in the upcoming election, despite a truly vast amount of money spent on their opponents by business and pro-Israel lobbyists. In the case of Omar’s challenger, a stock photo effort called Melton Meaux, around 10 million was spent, the majority of which came from anonymous, out-of-state donors. Local TV was showing back-to-back ads of him promising to end divisiveness in the House. He lost by almost 20%.

15 Likes

Absolutely shameless intention by Big Pork Pie lobby, there.

9 Likes

intention?
*intervention

Shot:

https://twitter.com/BrandyZadrozny/status/1295078804247982087

Chaser (both replies to this Tweet within minutes of each other):

:smiley:

1 Like

should we repurpose this thread as a general US election thing now the primary is over, give it a new title? or start a US election thread?

1 Like

^this

3 Likes

I think with less than three months to go a new all purpose thread is the way forward. Too much getting split between here and the trump thread atm.

3 Likes
2 Likes