🦓📣🥳🇺🇸🐀 THE (UN)DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY THREAD 🤡🇺🇸🐀📣🦓

Always find it interesting how this is always framed as ‘Bernie supporters helped Trump win’ and not ‘Hilary categorically failed to win their vote, despite receiving Bernie’s own endorsement’

5 Likes

why, you’ve posted good stuff. be boring if we all agreed wouldn’t it.

1 Like

Yeah this. Since when has ‘Bernie Bros’ meant anything other than a particularly dogmatic subset of those who would prefer Bernie as the candidate?

Anyway, we did all this back in August, man

Oh well…

2 Likes

i like the theory that biden is pulling an uncle junior/vincent gigante routine to lull his enemies. he’ll be taking a dump on 7th avenue during rush hour pretty soon.

And I feel like that happened in the 2015 election, TBH.

1 Like

@aboynamedgoo

any info on the demographics of each candidate’s base?

3 Likes

cheers! :+1:

1 Like

Purely from a presentational pov, I really like that as a way of showing support among different groups

2 Likes

From a different source (YouGov) the demographics of people who see a candidate as favourable can be broadly summarised as:

Joe Biden

• equal split between men and women
  • older age group
  • black
  • high earners
  • from the South and North West

Bernie Sanders

• equal split between men and women
  • young
  • black and hispanic
  • across all income groups
  • from the West Coast

Elizabeth Warren

• female
  • across all age groups
  • black, hispanic and other
  • high earners
  • from the North East and the West Coast

The source (and a breakdown for all other candidates) can be found here:https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/hrk03f83zc/econTabReport.pdf

1 Like

Hoogy, did you read that whole 350 pg PDF and summarise it for us because if so, that’s pretty

2 Likes

In Canadian news the oil industry’s fave sexy centrist indulged in a spot of racism a few years back. To the surprise of no one tbh.

1 Like

Outlook for him and his socks in October looks very grim. Hoping the NDP can make substantial gains, but more or less resigned to the newly Trump-flavoured Kanuck right clambering back into the driving seat.

1 Like

This is all goes to show you can never trust a centrist lib, they’ll either embroil you in an illegal war or wind up being a massive racist, and leave the door open for the the full fash to saunter in when they’re done stinking up the job.

Remember that meme that went round when Trump was elected that was like Obama saying “I’m putting together a team” Avengers style, and then Trudeau, Macron, Merkel etc were all answering their phone ready to join. Fucking lol

3 Likes

I’m possibly too close to the trees on this but I think Trudeau is the worst of that entire set. He’s never done anything in his entire life without first calculating how to maximize its optics for his brand (people are rightfully pairing the blackface with his cringeworthy Indian tour). He’s meanwhile shat all over First Nations people in order to get oil pipelines built, tried to force through TTIP, and wasted no time cosying up with Bolsonaro.

Libs like him, Macron and Blair always get elected on big waves because of their apparent universal appeal and decades of people being beaten down by conservative rule, then almost immediately start bleeding support when it becomes apparent what psychos they really are. The fact it’s fallen apart that much faster for Trudeau and Macron though suggests that this kind of centrist You Have To Vote For Us Because There Is No Other Choice leader has had its day.

4 Likes

Not saying Merkel is great or anything, but she’s miles better than the rest of those guys

Yeah, though in France it feels like every president they elect, no matter what their political affiliation, becomes hugely unpopular within about a week of taking office.

She’s against gay marriage! All of these ghouls hold terrible views.

2 Likes

Has Merkel ever sold herself as a moderate? Her party are very much right-wing.