🦓📣🥳🇺🇸🐀 THE (UN)DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY THREAD 🤡🇺🇸🐀📣🦓

It worked against Corbyn so it’ll work against Sanders. The kind of people with an interest in giving this shit oxygen don’t care about trifling details like Bernie’s ethnicity/religion.

https://twitter.com/kthalps/status/1207755075168481282

3 Likes

Is this confirmation of Judth Butler secretly being a rad lib?

Kamala… Harris? With a K?

Nope, nothing.

Here we go again. Seven candidates fighting for another go at trying to win the nomination.

No other Democratic debate had such high barriers to entry. No other debate came so close to collapsing, with a worker’s dispute at Loyola Marymount University resolved just 55 hours before the candidates walk onstage: former vice president Joe Biden, Senator Bernie Sanders, Senator Elizabeth Warren, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Senator Amy Klobuchar, billionaire Tom Steyer and businessman Andrew Yang.

Hot topics tonight will include impeachment (the 3 sitting senators will inevitably have to divert time and attention to this issue instead of campaigning), Medicare-for-all, campaign funding, electability, trade and taxes.

How is this a real question?:

1 Like

By all accounts Biden and Sanders had both a good night and they may well end up being the final two candidates left standing.

Warren and Buttigieg got in a scrap about campaign funding. Warren, Klobuchar and Steyer also went after Buttigieg’s centrist policy proposals. Yang was just being nice, not challenging anyone and not challenged by anyone.

Biden mainly took a backseat and let the others argue, while Sanders talked the most of all candidates, but daftly deflected the more difficult questions by changing the subject and talking about his favourite topics instead.

The next debate will be on 14 January 2020. The first primary is on 3 February, in Iowa.

1 Like

Where was Bloomberg in this?

1 Like

Didn’t meet the entry criteria.

2 Likes

Catching up on the thread. I fucking love this post, even though I had to Google most of the words in it.

1 Like

The DNC have stated that they are reviewing the selection criteria for future debates, so he may get an invite for the next one.

1 Like

You don’t qualify for these debates, or indeed the primary voting for the first few states, if you enter yourself this late (although as ady has pointed out, he could just keep throwing money at the DNC until they let him onto the stage).

His strategy is to bombard the so-called Super Tuesday states with ads and activists, then sweep in to the race and clean up then. It won’t work, but if Sanders is the nominee I’d expect him (or another withered billionare vampire) to then try running as a third candidate.

2 Likes

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MichaelFrancis/status/1207849325679824896

1 Like

Pete was on the phone to the CIA immediately after this.

https://twitter.com/MtthewRubiin/status/1207894298227859458

I dunno, sounds quite a sensible strategy.

1 Like

Sanders doesn’t have anything like Corbyn’s personal ratings problem. He’s one of the most trustest and liked politicians in the country.

Make no question about it, the entire political/media establishment will be out to ratfuck him if he becomes the nominee I will reiterate that I think the CIA will cap him if he gets that far and that will undoubtedly have an effect, but the nature of the American electoral system means there’s far less wiggle room to wreck him as there was for Corbyn’s detractors: Once he is the Democrat nominee the blue half has to be pulling for him.

He may well still crash and burn but at least it can be said it was tried, right? The alternatives being offered are a) run the Hillary campaign again with someone who’s at least as senile as Trump, b) run the Bernie campaign except more compromised by wishy washy centrist wonkery and without the ethnic minority base, or c) a randomly generated McKinsey consultant with a funny name.

2 Likes

I mean, I get it. If Bernie gets completely destroyed one way or another I think that’s probably it for me in terms of giving a shit beyond pure local issues and preparing an apocalypse bunker in the Haida Gwaii.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/WaywardWinifred/status/1208476674016174080

1 Like

Klobuchar saying she wouldn’t denigrate Buttigieg’s experience as a local official :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like