The video to Ava Adore

Indeed it was! Great shout but perhaps not the crucial point of the dream

Iā€™m not sure he actually was doing it in Reggae style (maybe this was the point more than any other that my suspension of disbelief should have broken). He was just really over-egging it

1 Like

Didnt realise we had Guildford people here. That reggae guy is fucking awful

2 Likes

Video to Ava Adore, general Smashing Pumpkins, Jedward, Guildfordā€¦

This thread has it all!

5 Likes

Iā€™m really glad this thread has carried on to the point that we now know someone in Guildford thinks reggae is acceptable because of course there is.

4 Likes

In my defence this was not the part of my story that I thought people would pick up on

The crucial part of the story is my doubt whether heā€™d take my Scottish fiver because people in Guildford are English wanksocks

1 Like

doesnā€™t matter what you intended m8, the important facts are there for all to see

1 Like

Enjoying the Guildford chat everyone, keep it up. I think I left before this reggae bloke appeared.

3 Likes

celebrated my 18th in Guildford. was dragged to Bar Med or some shit. it was also someone elseā€™s 18th the same day, and I didnā€™t get much of a say in matters.

2 Likes

I should qualify that my use of the phrase English wanksocks excludes the fine people who post on this board that reside in Guildford (and, I guess, my parents).

Unless you donā€™t accept Scottish fivers. Then you are terrible people!

3 Likes

A prize awaits anyone who convinces that guy to do a reggae disarm cover and film itā€¦

And to steer us back on trackā€¦i condensed machina/2 down to a single, casual fan friendly version

Everlasting Gaze
Raindrops + Sunshowers
Stand Inside Your Love
I of the Mourning
Go
Age of Innocence
Wound
With Every Light
Try, Try, Try
Home
This Time

Love Machina era. So grandiose. Did anyone get the leaked demos of Home/raindrops/identify etc from a few years back? Must have been prepped for the machina boxset (RIP)

Love all those but the rougher production means they dont really fit with the gloss of the main album. Home and go feel the most complete

1 Like

Real Love. Awesome, Pumpkins go proper shoegaze

2 Likes

Find myself really wanting to like Smashing Pumpkins loads, his voice and the whole aesthetic reminds me of being a kid and makes me happy but I just canā€™t find anything really great in their music to get excited about. Kinda feel the same way about REM really.

melon collie and Siamese dream

Give Adore a go maybe?

think Iā€™m more or less fine enjoying them from a distance as a sort of pleasant nostalgia.

thatā€™s fine, but itā€™s a great album which I think you might like. If you donā€™t then distance away!

1 Like

I remember liking the title track back in the day but I donā€™t think I know anything else on there. Maybe Iā€™ll give it a spin later if itā€™s on Spotify :slight_smile:

1 Like

the only other song you might know is ā€˜Perfectā€™. Either way itā€™s a really pretty, stripped down album (does contain some grieving though) probably Corgan at his most humble post Mellon Collie madness but pre going off into a mad, mad, mad world

2 Likes