The walking dead

You thought it was a happy crazy blue chicken for ages?

1 Like

How much does a deer cost (they are dear/no idea style answers not accepted) to hire for a couple of hours? Less than some super wank CGI or more?

Can someone enquire for me please?

Fine, I’ve done it myself. £9 p/h

3 Likes

that zombie was proper rubbish, looked like some sort of alien rather than an actual human who’d become a zombie

1 Like

It looked like one of the Aliens from the film Bad Taste

1 Like

I thought it was ace. Wish they would have a bit more fun with the zombies - they referenced a couple from classic films in the past but nowhere near as many as they could do.

1 Like

Have we all forgetten about the CGI balloons?! Of course they weren’t forking out for a real dear…

I just think the tone is all over the place these days, it doesn’t know if it wants to be a super-bleak ‘everything is fucked’ drama or some lame quirky ‘love in a hopeless place’ dramedy with some bellends who live in a skip who can’t talk properly.

i get that different episodes have different directors etc. but basically every long running US drama has this and I’ve never noticed it having this big an effect before (yeah yeah the fly i know) - the whole show just seems to be a mess these days tbh.

still watch it though don’t I.

1 Like

I liked The Fly episode personally.

This was a Greg Nicotero directed installment, and he seems to have become the go to guy for the key episodes usually so not sure that it’s necessarily down to the directing. Think it might be that it’s written by committee and has become increasingly swayed by the weight of public opinion the more popular it has got and is now trying to maintain those rating (including even the fact that apparently episodes are often rejigged in order depending on the reaction of a bunch of interent nerds.Oh…wait).

maybe if I keep writing enough of these posts they’ll just skip to the final episode, fingers crossed

1 Like

I only dip in and out but I don’t really get this notion of focusing each episode on one group at a time. Game of Thrones’s stories are split all over but they don’t tend to focus on one group exclusively unless there’s going to be a good dramatic payoff.

Otherwise they split up their stories so that they can try to make sure each episode has a hunk of good drama. It doesn’t always work but comparing last week to this week it just felt like such an odd choice. If you’d intermingled those episodes’ stories then each episode could have balanced these elements without it seeming so weird.

I feel like ‘bottle episodes’ or whatever fancy term they have should be a rare sort of thing, for a specific dramatic purpose.

Although the pace towards the final Saviors vs the rest endgame remains glaaaaaaacially slow, I quite enjoyed this week’s episode…

Ezekiel with tiger = good
Two characters who you are sort of supposed to care about being offed in order to facilitate action = good
Morgan doing something that isn’t just being zen = good
Carol being kick ass again = good

Any thoughts on where this series is going to leave off? A standard gathering of the tribes montage or do we think there are further twists to be revealed?

1 Like

I really liked the single melon in a carefully strapped into the back of a truck.

3 Likes

cantaloupe!

Reckon Eugene’s gonna have invented a GIANT ROBOT COCK for negan

I reckon they’re going to repeat the same mistake as the season three finale where they built up to a big fight with the Governor, but then it became a really small skirmish and just another part of the build up to the actual fight in the season afterwards.

I’d be surprised if Negan doesn’t find out about the group’s plan to attack him, and in turn Negan would probably attack first and cause them a major setback. But then again, that’s all the plot can really be can’t it? That or they attack Negan by surprise and he goes off into hiding to regroup. Negan is surely going to be around for another season…

I haven’t read that far in the comics but I do hope they manage to do something more interesting. It’s hard to see where they will wring the drama out of the Rick v Negan stuff, considering it’s just two leaders killing each-others’ followers and the show has done so much of that it’s hard to keep enthusiasm for it all.

1 Like

1 Like