The walking dead

Love how much all of us in this thread enjoy the show…

3 Likes

I don’t really understand why I’m still watching. I’ve bailed on much better shows than this

1 Like

Riggs is going to college, so fair play to him - they haven’t confirmed whether it was always planned to kill off Corl or that their hand was forced though. Probably a little of both?

oh wait:
interview with Riggs:

and

Think I’ll just stick to reading this thread instead…

1 Like

On the subject of which, how are we all feeling this Monday without an episode to critique? I’m feeling like a weight has been curiously lifted…

Yep. Can actually watch something good.

2 Likes

Not got round to posting any episodes online just yet, but I’ve co-started a podcast where we talk about the walking dead. We’re going to watch each episode, and we don’t particularly like it much anymore (bit of an understatement) and I’m really not looking forward to rewatching some of it at its worst.

Going back to the first season is really, really strange. This fucking song that ends the first episode:

JEEZ

The song is called Space Junk FYI

I watched Lost until the bitter end so have very very low standards! I know it’s shit but can’t tear myself away.

It’s a daft show about zombies so fair enough, what does annoy me is when the writers appear on The Talking Dead and seem to think they are part of some great philosophical examination of the human condition. (Perhaps lost in translation a bit from the comics? Never read them).

1 Like

Did anyone continue with Fear the Walking Dead??

I can’t remember where I left it off - it went pretty bad very quickly

It’s like i have a ‘hate watching’ hole in my viewing at moment with Walking Dead out at the moment, might go onto its dumber sibling

hard to envisage such a shite program having an even worse spinoff.

i can’t start ftwd as i’ll probably feel like i have to watch it like i do this one.

like when you buy a massive bag of rice because it’s cheap but then you get it home and it’s taking up most of your cupboard and you’re having to put other things where they shouldn’t be just to accommodate the massive bag of rice and you start eating rice every night because the bag’s just not going down and you start thinking about it and when people ask you about the rice you’re like “yeah i was thinking 'bout chucking it but i’ve started now i’ll just get through it” and you begin thinking about all the things you could be doing if you weren’t eating rice every fucking night and day, like eating pasta or that language you always said you were going to learn but instead it’s just rice, rice, rice until one day it hits you that YOU DON’T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT EUGENE’S MORAL FUCKING COMPASS I WISH THEY’D ALL BECOME FUCKING ZOMBIES BECAUSE AT LEAST THE SHOW WOULD HAVE SOMEFUCKINGCONSISTENCY

5 Likes

Gave up at the mid-season break in series two.

Just checked - JFC, THEY’RE STILL MAKING THEM?!? Although, nice ratings dickheads…

FTWD

last one I saw they were all in a nice beachside house, then they were going to get on a boat

Is that the end of season 1?

Possibly. Think I left them on a boat midway through series two. Or maybe they were in Mexico?

Literally, who cares…

1 Like
2 Likes

i actually think, if you’re willing to dig, there probably is some underlying philosophical stuff. its the execution, the writing, the plots, the dialogue, everything else that’s appalling.

but if it was written better there would be some meat in examining who the real bad guys are, is Negan that different from Rick, etc. Daryl is arguably the most evil character on the show at the moment, going around butchering people

its back, or is it dead? dead good? nah.

Great news! This week’s episode is going to be feature length :facepunch:

Expect plenty of wisdom being laid down by Corrrrl…

i forgot what happened is Corl dead? Oh he got bitten didn’t he

Spoiler alert…

Literally M9, who gives a fuck anymore?

2 Likes