The Walkmen

Yeah, a little further up by Arc De Triomf. It was a big crowd - shots don’t quite do it justice. I remember thinking at the time this must be about the biggest crowd they’ve played to in Europe.
I saw them about 5 months later at Sala Bikini in Barcelona. I think maybe by then their hearts weren’t in it anymore. It was their last tour as it transpired if I recall correctly. I miss them (and warm nights in Barcelona).

Enjoyed watching this, but always annoyed when watching festival sets the amount of people looking so bored in the crowd

1 Like

Great location. Yeah the last time I saw them was at End of the Road in 2013, where they still sounded musically very good but a bit more aloof and the set felt a bit weird. Put this down to being on the road for a long time and the hiatus came a bit out of the blue for me. Miss them a lot too.

Yeah, it is a marathon of a festival though. Have seen some amazing sets on the Ray Bay stage at 3am and probably looked bored to tears because I’m so knackered :joy:

1 Like
1 Like

This is really really good.

Caught the last few songs. His daughters and nieces as backing singers :heart_eyes:

They were the crowd for the first part of the concert. That was about the best and most warming live stream I’ve seen so far since lockdown started!

1 Like

Just watched it from the beginning. Was lovely tbf.

1 Like

Just watched it, agree it’s the best livestream I’ve seen! Really heartwarming and sweet.

Where can I find this to watch from the beginning?

Via Pitchfork’s instagram:

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

That was just great! Loved it!

That was brilliant.

1 Like

They’ve taken it down already. Gutted I missed it :cry:

Sucks they’ve taken it down. Bookmarked it to watch today :cry:

1 Like

He did a similar one with his family for the album release weekend, still on youtube:

3 Likes

Haven’t listened yet!

1 Like