• Angry volley vs. Newcastle
  • That counter attack vs. Bolton
  • Upside down shinner vs. City
  • Hopeful punt from the halfway line vs. West ham

0 voters

Absolutely outrageous hit tbf
8 Likes

Probably the Newcastle volley. Also a big fan of the counter attack vs Arsenal

The relative shortness of Shay Given made it particularly aesthetically pleasing.

the one against middlesbrough was great too (the volley, not the lob that ruined him forever by making him try it twice every game thereafter)

3 Likes

Monaco’s injury list is crazy. Every outfield player on their bench was 17-19 and had a centre back making his debut (also 17).

“TWAT! …And another!”

:rofl:

2 Likes

I support this lad couple of times a week who is absolutely obsessed with Wayne Rooney. Posters on the wall and all that, England shirt with name on etc. When he left utd, he started following Everton games as well. When our dear Wayne retired I spent at least once a week having the conversation for the last year and a half rebutting his insistence that “Wayne Rooney is going to come back for England”, “Wayne Rooney is going to play for England again”. A lot of “Sorry mate, he’s retired now. He had a good run though, lots of goals etc. Maybe he’ll come back as coach?” etc

Turn up to work on Friday, and as soon as I see him “He is coming back to England, I told you!”

Ffs, gonna have another 2 years after this game now!

9 Likes
12 Likes

Really great that he never deleted any of these tweets.

11 Likes

During one visit, other punters spread the word that the Everton player was there by text message. Within minutes, 30 fans were gathered outside, chanting his name.

The 18-year-old England striker is said to have brazenly signed autographs for other punters at the vice den while waiting his turn.

10 Likes

Weird that he’s always going to be remembered as falling short of his potential despite being objectively Manchester Uniteds best ever player just because he was young at the same time as the best player of all time and another very good player

2 Likes

Pretty sure Scholes has 10 years on him…

1 Like

Off the top of your head, can you remember any Wayne Rooney international goals since euro 2004

• Yes I love Wayne Rooney
  • He scored one in a world cup, right?
  • Absolutely not

0 voters

This one never fails to crack me up.

1 Like