The "Where's the Tuesday Thread" Tuesday Thread

Neutral Hilk Motel

8 Likes

No Hope Monday

2 Likes

Tried four different car parks before giving up and parking in an imaginary space outside my building (I’m not obstructing anything, I’m not a cunt), so I’ll get nothing done today due to staring out the window looking for a non-imaginary space to open up.

Come!

Anyone got any other recos for good exhibitions or anything on in town? @hoogy

1 Like

This looks pretty cool:

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/events/dawnosaurs.html

8am would be a super early start though! @anon50098204 - not sure if your son would be interested in this / be able to access it?

Crowds don’t tend to be as big as issue for the eldest in terms of noise / busyness. A queue is generally manageable if it’s expected and if it’s moving. The main issue tends to be that in a museum she’ll just dart off to find something she’s interested in - and she’s smaller and therefore better able to weave through crowds than I am!

(mods, feel free to move this all to the neurodiversity thread if you like)

2 Likes

Tuesdays are Fridays.

Not if you were driving as you are the traffic

2 Likes

Apparently put an audiobook on last night to go to sleep to. Woke up 4 hours later with it still blaring away and my phone absolutely roasting.

Dear lord, the drunkeness. I felt unusually vicarious last night, always makes me feel anxious as hell the following day!

Today - pick up a hire car at lunchtime, drive to Suffolk this evening for football (94 miles from MK), watch football, write about football and then drive home (94 miles back to Watford) and then complete the triangle in the morning driving back to MK.

1 Like

I basically remember nothing after we left the pub. Had a half eaten burger in my bag this morning.

2 Likes

Ha bloody ha

I’ve been working at the same place for 17 years. The site is set up for people to drive to and isn’t near public transport at all. I work from home two days a week. If I was looking for a new job, then I definitely would make it local, but I’m not going to give up my job because of sometimes moaning about the traffic.

I’ve taken the day off work. Feel drained after working over Christmas, all the social stuff and dealing with my family. Just going to lie here and stare at the ceiling all day.

@Kallgeese …no wonder you’re so run down

2 Likes

I remember getting home okay, everything after that :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

As I think I know where you work and I went to a meeting there and know the area well, I can 100% back you that car is the only option. I did see again there was an accident at the A22/M25 junction as well this morning which might have affected you, or at least added to it. Has your work ever considered a shuttle bus service from Coulsdon or Purley?

I did make a new years resolution to ditch the car, 2nd day in and all good so far. But then I have the option.

I had a hot toddy and went to bed at 8pm last night. Still feel like absolute shit but not as shudderingly close to death as I felt yesterday afternoon.

That explains a lot! Who do I invoice for the shift dream Geesy is doing?

14 Likes

I’m the same but i used to get angry at traffic until someone said that to me and I thought “yeah good point” and don’t get annoyed by traffic anymore while driving.

1 Like

cheers ccb! Went to a similarly early start at the science museum last year for children with neurodiverse conditions to play vintage consoles/computer games - was awesome and really well run.

1 Like

Every now and then I look at how long it would take on public transport - just looking now, the commute would change from what should be about 50 minutes by car, to over two hours on a combination of trains and buses :grimacing: