The Winter 2021 Wrestling Thread! Featuring: Wrestle Kingdom 15! The Royal Rumle! AEW Revolution! Some Other Bollix!

we should really get our own “sportsentertainment” sub section :wink:

Kane to be enducted to hall of fame this year

2 Likes

I wanted to say, as bad as Koko, but I guess he was a champion. Still, HoF worthy? Doubtful

Indian market innit

1 Like

Oh yeah, for sure. I don’t know why I actually care about a completely made up HoF that doesn’t seem to have rhyme or reason as to who goes in

2 Likes

Not sure if this got lost in all the board shuffling yesterday or if no ones bothered about him but:

With the news that Orange Cassidy is getting Where Is My Mind? As a licensed theme tune, let’s fantasy book someone other entrance music.

DDP actually paying for smells like teen spirit for instance

Seth rollins. I am the resurrection

1 Like

Cody Rhodes. Youre so vain

1 Like

triple h convincing vince he needs to pay for licensed music too so now everyone on nxt comes out to motorhead b sides

1 Like

Right

what’s the plan for wrestling going forward

One thread for WWE, one for AEW?

• Wrestling should be in Sports
  • Wrestling should be in Entertainment!

0 voters

would rather keep them together in one thread tbh. i’m ok with the current set up but guess we could do monthly threads if you’re worried about them getting too long?

2 Likes

monthly threads at the very least.

for me, I’m a casual who is mainly interested in WWE between Jan and Apr. I don’t really care about AEW and I’m bored reading about it. I know a lot of industry stuff straddles the two but yeah.

There’s nowhere near enough posts for split threads

1 Like

we can make them monthly for sure, I was about to do a new spring/Wrestlemania one anyway so can make it April/Wrestlemania if we like, It’s currently structured seasonally just because there’s generally one big show per company per season (i.e Royal Rumble = winter, Wrestlemania = spring, Summerslam = summer, Survivor Series = autumn). Not sure about splitting up, per promotion though, there’s a lot of interaction between WWE and AEW, and AEW with Impact and potentially New Japan. As safebruv says, also not convinced there’s enough posts/traction to split things up but open to whatever the consensus is

1 Like

Yeah monthly is good. Don’t think threads have to be really busy to exist, but yeah there’s a lot of interplay so it’s fine. I think monthly would help me get involved more.

1 Like

Anyone listening to Renee Paquette’s podcast? I love her so much, she’s phenomenal at what she does. Eternally surprised that no one snapped her up while she was on WWE.

Have only listened to Moxley and The Miz so far but both were great value.

1 Like

not listened to it yet but she had bayley on recently which i bet is a fun one

If you book the day off after wrestlemania night 2 you can have a lie in and get up and go to the pub

1 Like

Omg that’s a great shout (I’m usually off on Mondays anyway)