The Winter 2021 Wrestling Thread! Featuring: Wrestle Kingdom 15! The Royal Rumle! AEW Revolution! Some Other Bollix!

Apparently Daniel Bryan is currently fav to win this year’s which, while nice, feels a bit pointless and way too late now?

Yeah, it’s really underlined by the women’s rumbles, which are fine, but the roster isn’t at that point yet

Nah, have him win it, then have Roman spear him in to semi retirement at Mania

2 Likes

ECW! ECW! ECW!

1 Like

I love a good Rumble/Battle Royale but if I’m honest I think really I just love a good countdown and a, “oh hey it’s that guy!” moment. I think I’d be happy if they just did that bit, paraded by and fucked off again. Maybe do a quick finisher if they’ve got a particularly good one.

2001 is legit the only time where they had an ‘anybody out of these 5 or 6 guys COULD WIN’ vibe whilst also having 5 or 6 guys who could be considered bonafide main eventers

1 Like

Dave Schilling described it as Christmas for wrestling fans, you get to open a present every couple of minutes

3 Likes

Also known as a Divas’ battle royale.

You’re in serious trouble when Kane is your workhorse in a 4 way match

1 Like

Even Tazz?! :sweat_smile:

The State of this attempted side walk slam (both attempts)

The first women’s rumble was probably the best of recent years, though I did enjoy this years mens one

1 Like

Was that the same year shinsuke won it? Cuz if so the men’s was also great

He’s the obvious one at the moment, because it’s known they’re looking at him or Goldberg v Reigns at Mania and no-one’s got a clue what the plan for the other title match is right now. Who would even benefit from a Rumble win on Raw now?

Keith Lee?

1 Like

That was massive pop fest and I loved it for it. You knew they didn’t have enough female wrestlers to fill out a 30 women rumble, so it was great to see so many returns

Possibly actually.

Give it Adam Cole. Pop the whole crew on Smackdown, lovely programme with Reigns and the Usos for a few months, put over whoever.

1 Like

That would be lovely but I worry about what would happen to him afterwards

Fair. To take say, Nakamura as an example, he gets rap over his music and a weird jumpsuit.

1 Like