THE WINTER 2023 WRESTLING THREAD (feat. WK17! The Great Muta Retires! The Royal Rumble! AEW Revolution! & More!)

This twitter account often blithely just posts any old shite tbh, it’s a pure memes for engagement page, nothing to do / no connection with anything going on in wwe and obviously not fielded for approval beforehand.

1 Like

Ooh need to set up the DiS Rumble

2 Likes

If not the Rock, then they best have something good.

I have a feeling they ‘may’ push Sami here. I’d love it

2 Likes

Haven’t been watching but the switch of segments on Raw from the wild samoans being there (presumably where the old fellas would’ve said to Roman he’s ‘‘almost as good as the rock’’ or whatever) and switched to the sami trial instead is a clear pivot in that direction. Think it’ll be Cody/Roman still but reasonable likelihood it’s sami v roman at the montreal ppv.

Yeah all points to Sami/Roman at EC BUT I think there is still a bit more mileage to get out of the bloodline.

Have Sami win the RR, then have Jey conflicted at Mania. Jey helps Sami win (thus evening the score with Roman from 2020). Fantasy booking!

2 Likes

Here we go lads:

What time will the Rumble finish? I know it starts at 1am but cant seem to find an end time

depends innit, they’ve been a bit better recently in keeping shows more on the condensed side, but theres two hour long matches to fit in, so I would hazard a guess at 4 hrs/5am finish?

1 Like

probs about 5 i’d guess, if the main show starts at 1

christ haha

1 Like

they generally bookend the rumble matches at least

I’m only watching half live. Sod staying up that late!

What else is on the card actual?

3 Bray Wyatt vs. LA Knight Mountain Dew Pitch Black match[27]
4 Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Kevin Owens Singles match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship[28]
5 Bianca Belair (c) vs. Alexa Bliss Singles match for the WWE Raw Women’s Championship[29]

oh god lol yeah I forgot about that

really hope the “Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match” is like that Mimosa match jericho had, but with Mountain Dew

2 Likes

got my mate’s 30th Saturday night, so will almost certainly fall asleep on the sofa during the pre-show and watch it on sunday instead

1 Like

Reigns/Owens should be a good watch, even though it’s just a storybeat on the way to Mania. The other two are threatening spooky bollocks from the Wyatt cinematic universe so are completely not for me.

1 Like

Pitch black mountain dew match an early call for dud of the year. Poor Eli Drake, good worker but nobody can get this horseshit over.

1 Like

LA Knight is sick. YEUH. Restaurant quality promo and competitor.

Bray Wyatt harms the value of everyone they put him in a program with

2 Likes

The report adds that WWE was doing run throughs regarding the use of neon at the Rumble this week.

But it remains to be seen whether it’ll be akin to the red lights Wyatt competed against Seth Rollins under at Hell in the Cell 2019.

Is this to cover up the fact he is a bad worker? I loved the cult leader gimmick but no thanks to this. I hoped with Trips in charge we might get a return to something more grounded. He said previously he would rehire Wyatt but make a point of putting a leash on his more excessive creative impulses. That doesn’t seem to have happened. Also given workrate is such a big part of what the modern fan looks for in top guys I do not understand why he is so over in 2022.

Edit: Also given WWE has been accused in the past of being creatively stifling why was Wyatt given such a free hand? Merch sales?