The Wire (REDUX THREAD)

X is 10 mate!

2 Likes

do people hate that opening? the ā€˜lie dectectorā€™ thing is used in homicide (tv show) and was supposedly based on a real life incident - thereā€™s a bit about it in homicide (the book)

Just started Deadwood yesterday. Currently waiting for the kids to sod off for their afternoon nap so I can get properly stuck in to it.

1 Like

Given @ericVI loves Sopranos I think it would be hypocritical if his point was ā€œmusicians are shit actorsā€ (Steven Van Zandt - Wikipedia). I think it was that shit actors shouldnā€™t be allowed on screen.

that wasnā€™t my point at all and you know it!

1 Like

Not sure how many others feel the same, but if I stop and think about the season 5 music I get a bit angry.

1 Like

itā€™s awful. donā€™t think steve earleā€™s music is generally that bad is it? while weā€™re at it i donā€™t really like season 3ā€™s theme. the kids version is my favourite

2 Likes

Themes:
1>2>4>3>5
Series:
2>4>1>3>5

1>3>4>2>5

sorry tom

1 Like

3>4>1>5>2

think this is possibly the shark jump for me

2 Likes

Nobody I speak to has spotted this!

Repping Baltimore at Primavera last year:

6 Likes

I have literally (as in this morning) just finished watching it for the first time, near enough ten years to the day that the last episode aired. Despite everything in S5 (that theme FFS) I feel bereft.

Glad that everyone hates Ziggy.

8 Likes

worst actor in the wire

• mcnulty
  • carcetti

0 voters

I donā€™t like the character of McNulty and you can debate Carcetti, but I donā€™t think either are bad performances.

6 Likes

just bad accents i guess but hard to separate the two

Not even Aiden Gillenā€™s worst accent.

But then even in Calvary where heā€™s actually Irish he sounds like heā€™s putting it on

1 Like

I donā€™t hate ziggy.

6 Likes

i hated him first time round and warmed to him on subsequent viewings.

1 Like