The World Cup of horror films (Round 2 @ post 25)

The Kermode and Mayo podcast are doing this over the next few weeks, think you can vote on their actual version on Twitter - think the first rounds will be going up over the next days

Thought I’d throw it in a thread here as well to see what we end up choosing - will start new rounds every few days or so once there’s enough votes in, til we get a winner! :hocho: :drop_of_blood: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost:

2 Likes
  • The Thing
  • Dawn of the Dead

0 voters

• The Exorcist
  • American Werwolf in London

0 voters

• Let the Right One In
  • The Witch

0 voters

• Alien
  • Carrie

0 voters

• 28 Days Later
  • The Shining

0 voters

• Jaws
  • The Innocents

0 voters

• The Descent
  • Scream

0 voters

• The Fog
  • Get Out

0 voters

• Nosferatu
  • Psycho

0 voters

• Ringu
  • The Wicker Man

0 voters

• A Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Suspiria

0 voters

• Shaun of the Dead
  • Halloween

0 voters

• Evil Dead 2
  • Rosemary’s Baby

0 voters

• Don’t Look Now
  • The Omen

0 voters

• Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  • Night of the Living Dead

0 voters

• A Quiet Place
  • Onibaba

0 voters

2 Likes

Hyped for this!

3 Likes

Haven’t seen The Innocents, Nosferatu or Oninaba so felt a little bad voting in those - but oh well!

Skipped Omen vs Don’t Look Now as not seen either of them

Skipped ties where I haven’t seen them but couldn’t bring myself to vote for Shaun of the Dead

Some of these are breaking me. Let the right one in vs the vvitch ffs, alien vs carrie! Just cruel.

2 Likes

Assume we’re talking the original Suspiria (and Carrie etc…) cos that was great but the remake had some good ideas but was massively flawed.

1 Like

Evil Dead 2 Vs Rosemary’s Baby for me! Both very formative horrors for myself. And wildly different!

1 Like

Both great films. Evil Dead 2 is one of my favourite films of any genre.

2 Likes

Nosferatu? I haven’t seen Nosferaone

5 Likes

Both excellent. In fact, would make a great double bill…

2 Likes

What a thread. So excited for this :clap:

3 Likes

Onibaba has been on my to watch list for ages so good excuse to finally get round to that. Haven’t seen The Descent either but didn’t really have any interest.

Through up a few of my favorites against each other.

The Decent is one of my top horror movies, though would advise if you do watch go for the original ending rather than the made for US version it’s bleaker, but a better fit imo.

2 Likes

Oh! I had no idea there was a different US ending.

1 Like

Cheers. Will definitely check it out.

1 Like

Yehhh, the US one is more positive (?) I guess, but not how the film was originally intended to end.

1 Like

Pretty outrageous that one of night of the living dead and texas chain saw massacre is gonna be out in the first round I think

2 Likes

feel the same about scream and the descent tbh. How the heck can you choose, I did, but I wasn’t happy about it :laughing:

ALSO ALSO, Suspiria or A nightmare on elm street. Raging.

4 Likes

It’s shit :-1:

1 Like