šŸ” The World Cup of Restaurants

Good morning

I am going through the World Cups in Twitter centrist Richard Osmanā€™s ā€˜World Cup of Everythingā€™ book. Heā€™s already done it for the scum on Twitter but now lets find out what DiS thinks.

1. The pairings, selections are match-ups are all taken directly from the book. This is final. No arguments if your favourite isnā€™t included, take it up with Osman, not me.
  2. The final pairing in each bracket is left blank in the book. Iā€™ll be making the selections. In this case, Iā€™m adding Wetherspoons and Five Guys.
  3. We will try to have a nice time.

So, restaurants.

We have a group stage now. Two votes in each group.

ENJOY

• McDonalds
  • Cafe Rouge
  • Pizza Express
  • Harvester

0 voters

• Local Indian
  • Giraffe
  • Wagamama
  • IKEA Cafe

0 voters

• Greasy Sppon
  • Dominos
  • Nandos
  • Chiquitos

0 voters

• All-You-Can-Eat-Buffet
  • Carluccioā€™s
  • Bella Italia
  • Local Chippy

0 voters

• Burger King
  • Pret a Manger
  • Zizziā€™s
  • Welcome Break

0 voters

• KFC
  • GBK
  • Pizza Hut
  • Hungry Horse

0 voters

• Yo! Sushi
  • Greggs
  • Wimpy
  • Jamieā€™s Italian

0 voters

• Local Chinese
  • Frankie & Bennys
  • Wetherspoons
  • Five Guys

0 voters

Group stage polls will close at 10.30am UK time. Unless Iā€™m called away from my desk.

Welcome Break a restaurant?

1 Like

#TakeItUpWithOsman

Nah

Shambles

3 Likes

BTW, in the Round of 16 the winner of Group A will take on the runner-up of Group B, and the winner of Group B will take on the runner-up of Group A, and so on.

And yes, I wrote Greasy Sppon. It is meant to say Greasy Spoon. You know this. Itā€™s a simple typo. Get off my back!

1 Like

They do have a little restaurant in them though donā€™t they? Not sure who uses them over a fast food outlet though.

Some of these I can only pick one, either because the others are so bad or Iā€™ve not been.

1 Like

KFC, gbk, pizza hut and hungry horse are all shite

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never eaten at: Wagamama, Giraffe, Chiquitos, Carluccioā€™s, Yo! Sushi or Jamieā€™s Italian.

Am I missing anything?

Wagamamas is the best ubiquitous chain at that Ā£10 a main meal price point imo

8 Likes

Yeah didnā€™t vote in that one, kick them all out for registering ineligible food.

I voted for my favourite in each group, have I made a terrible mistake? It felt harsh voting for Local Indian (great food, terrible service) over Wagamama (genuinely enjoy their food) when I could have voted for both.

Can we start again please?

Still donā€™t know what a Giraffe is

Click hide results theb you can change your vote

Big neck, 4 legs, vegetarian

5 Likes

:+1: Done! All is right with the universe again.

Might vote for chiuitos because whatever it is it canā€™t be worse than nandos or dominoā€™s.

Or can it???

1 Like

Nandos and Dominos are both wonderful, are you okay?