The World's Favourite Takeaway Choices

I’m sure no-one here will have opinions on this.

Chinese #1 in the UK?
Indian #1 in The Netherlands?

Seems like bullshit to me.

What’s your favourite takeaway of the (supposed) top 10 worldwide?

What’s your favourite?
  • Pizza
  • Chinese
  • Sushi
  • Fish & Chips
  • Fried Chicken
  • Indian
  • Korean
  • Thai
  • Tapas
  • Tacos

0 voters

Which food type do you eat most often?

• Pizza
  • Chinese
  • Sushi
  • Fish & Chips
  • Fried Chicken
  • Indian
  • Korean
  • Thai
  • Tapas
  • Tacos

0 voters

This is how they gathered the data:

We used Google search data (searching all languages) to establish the average monthly search volume in each country for common search terms associated with ordering a takeaway, such as ‘pizza takeaway’, ‘pizza delivery’ and ‘pizza takeout’. The most searched for takeaway choice was then used as the top takeout cuisine for the specific country. Data correct as of December 2020.

Perhaps people don’t Google the most readily available one, since that’s more obvious, whereas scarcity makes people Google it?

I’m not sure these “MoneyBeach” scientists can be trusted

1 Like

I find the huge russian KEBAB quite threatening

11 Likes

Love their tapas, the Danes.

1 Like

I had such a disappointing Thai takeaway last night. My usual incredible place was shut so rather than wait for a day when they’re open we changed somewhere new. Was shit. Devastated.

reckon for the Netherlands they’ve accidentally lumped indonesian and indian together

4 Likes

Feel like Italy’s being pizza is a bit boring. Change it up, guys

5 Likes

Have always had a latent distrust of anyone who prefers Uk style Chinese takeaway to local Indian.

Restaurant quality chinese can be amazing but don’t think I’ve ever had an actually good takeaway

1 Like

Especially the funny shaped area next to Finland

A Pasta takeaway?

1 Like

I have never knowingly eaten Indonesian food is it good?

Yeah

6 Likes

I will put it on my list

yeah it’s great especially if you like peanut flavour dishes

3 Likes

If anyone was going to pull that one, I’d have expected the Brits to go for fish and chips.

1 Like

TURKEY PASTA

I can maybe believe Chinese is top in the UK because people are more likely to head out to a Local Indian than a Local Chinese, and get Chinese delivered.

1 Like

This is why I still have to do a 20 minute drive to pick up thai takeaway because I am too scared to try another thai takeaway near me when my previous one was so good.

I have a little deliveroo style bag to keep it hot :laughing:

4 Likes
  • sausages bucket

0 voters

Pizza > Thai > Indian > Sushi > Chinese > Tacos > Korean > Tapas > Fish and Chips > Fried Chicken > C-C-C-C-C-COCAINE