The Wrestlemania Goes to Hollywood (39) and Spring Wrestling thread!

Yes, it’s that time of year again, spring has sprung, the clocks have gone forward and we are LESS THAT ONE WEEK AWAY FROM WRESTLEMANIA GOING TO HOLLYWOOD!

This will also act as the catch-all spring wrestling thread, including AEW Double or Nothing, NJPW Wrestling Donkatsu & Best of the Super Junior’s 30th anniversary. Still, for the next week we will be mainly concentrating on all things Wrestlemania, including the Hall of Fame (currently Rey Mysterio, Great Muta & Andy Kaufman) and maybe even NXT: Stand and Deliver, which will take place the nights of Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd at 1am, UK time.

The card is largely set, though only a couple matches we already seem to know what night they will take place, with Cody vs Roman confirmed as the Night 2 main event:

Night 1
Austin Theory (c) vs. John Cena | Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
Seth “Freakin” Rollins vs. Logan Paul

Night 2
Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Cody Rhodes | Singles match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship

Night TBC

• Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Rhea Ripley | Singles match for the WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship
  • Bianca Belair (c) vs. Asuka | Singles match for the WWE Raw Women’s Championship
  • Brock Lesnar vs. Omos (with MVP)
  • Gunther (c) vs. Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre | Triple threat match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
  • Trish Stratus, Lita, and Becky Lynch vs. Damage CTRL (Bayley, Dakota Kai, and Iyo Sky | Six-woman tag team match
  • Edge vs. Finn Bálor | Hell in a Cell match
  • Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez vs. Natalya and Shotzi vs. Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler vs. TBA | Women’s WrestleMania Showcase fatal four-way tag team match
  • Braun Strowman and Ricochet vs. The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) vs. Alpha Academy (Chad Gable and Otis) vs. The Viking Raiders (Erik and Ivar) (with Valhalla | Men’s WrestleMania Showcase fatal four-way tag team match
  • The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) (c) vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn | Tag team match for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship
  • Rey Mysterio vs. Dominik Mysterio | Father vs Son Match

Think for his first Mania in charge as lead creative, HHH has put together a pretty decent card, even if the two multi-tag matches are a bit throw away to get everyone a payday, there’s arguably something of interest on every match here.

Let’s get busaaaayyy!

3 Likes

2 Likes

Haha what

1 Like

Lita and Becky won the tag titles recently I think?!

1 Like

Looking forward to Seth Rollins and X-Pac’s reign

1 Like

Speaking of

3 Likes

I’ll be there on Sunday. Can. not. Wait. Hoping the triple threat is on the Sunday along with Uso’s/KO&Sami. I have read that the 6 women match is on Saturday so that’s a shame.

6 Likes

Stacey Kiebler now announced for the HOF. Wasn’t exactly Lou Thesz but wrestling isn’t always about that, she seems a good egg and took some ridiculous bumps in her time so good for her. It makes me feel old as dirt the amount of 00’s wrestlers going in now :joy:

5 Likes

Andy Kaufman going in too.

2 Likes

Read that Ripley vs. Charlotte is headlining night 1, so you might get KO/Sami opening either night. Apparently there’s a chance Becky Lynch & Lita will wrestle both nights but that seems a bit unlikely imo.

2 Likes

sorry @colossalhorse tony khan is now demanding your wallet

3 Likes

star trek spock GIF

Alright, you win Tony.

Hope they give Shibata the belt. Logistically it’d probably be a silly move but fuck it, why not?

2 Likes

Just pulled the trigger on a Fite+ free trial, which takes me nicely through Mania week and a bunch of flippy floppy outlaw mud shows in high school gyms :ok_hand:

(And Bloodsport 9, Spring Break and a live FTR podcast)

2 Likes

Ibushi v speedball on Bloodsport could easily be match of the weekend

1 Like

Cena/Theory is opening night one, so maybe opening night two

1 Like

Think he’s wrestling tanahashi on the same night!

There is currently a spot open in the women’s 4 way tag so think it’s quite likely tbh, Becky was quoted as saying she wanted to do both nights so

Yeeeeeah I’ll fuck with that are you in the group chat I just got added to?

We gonna maybe have a discord live chat for Mania again this year?

2 Likes

WWE 24 v entertaining as usual

Huge amount of dramatic irony in the pre-WM Boogs interviews tho :upside_down_face:

3 Likes