Theatre bastards - The new class

thanks for the heads up on this

1 Like

The Encounter is on at the Barbican again next year. Highly highly recommend seeing it if you havenā€™t already, itā€™s comfortably one of the best things Iā€™ve seen on stage

1 Like

I saw it last year and really enjoyed it.

The dining seats for Network were great! Was pretty surreal being so close to the action and there was the odd occasion where the stage lights are right in your eyes but aside from that it was very exciting and Cranston is an absolute demon (Food was good too!)

I was back at the NT last night for Beginning which was a terrfic two hander, transfers to the West End in 2018 and well worth seeking out

https://www.theambassadorstheatre.co.uk/online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=547E724D-BFB4-418C-AE47-2CBD204C458D

How do I get to go and see Network now that itā€™s sold out then?

Day returns? Production returns?

Friday rush tickets.

How do these work then? @NotEvenDreams?

Friday Rush every Friday at 1pm - they go v quickly though so you have to be ready.

https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/fridayrush

Other than that, day seats.

2 Likes

Nice one, cheers

The next Friday rush for Network wonā€™t be until December 15 though as its not on again after this week until then

1 Like

Safe, cheers for the heads up. Iā€™ll set a phone reminder now :+1:

Meant to say this happened when I went to and yeah, major cringe.

Saw The Retreat on Saturday night.

Itā€™s funny, perhaps too gag-laden for a play, and doesnā€™t really go much deeper than that.

It has resulted in a bit of a domestic spat where my girlfriend and I are disagreeing about who was the most unreasonable character.

The Exorcist @ The Phoenix Theatreā€¦

Maybe a strange proposition seeing arguably the most famous horror film ever transferred to stage, but I do like a bit of gory stagecraft from time to time. Although not entirely faithful to the story of the film/book, this plays almost like a greatest hits version of The Exorcist and rushes somewhat to fit everything in. We donā€™t get the crabwalk or the headspin, but we do get crucifix masturbation, bed shaking, levitation and vomit. Ian MacLellan voices the demon which is a neat touch. I was pretty excited to see Peter Bowles playing Father Merrin as he was on TV in something literally every single evening when I was growing up. My sister (11 years younger then me) was very excited to see Adam Garcia playing Father Karras as apparently he was the love interest in Coyote Ugly (plus sheā€™s an idiot). Overall entertaining, but Iā€™m not sure what non-horror afficianados would get from it - tellingly, the theatre was only about half full for a Friday night performance (although it was the evening of the Oxford Street mass hysteria)ā€¦

Interesting to read your thoughts on that. Thinking about seeing that or The Twilight Zone in January. Leaning towards The Twilight Zone slightly now but will obviously wait for reviews

Iā€™m going to try and see The Twilight Zone too :+1:

In this National Theatre Friday rush queue then, 685 people ahead of me (despite clicking the link the second it activated). People ITK, is this a reasonable chance of actually getting anything or should I sack it off?

Just got an ā€œAll Network tickets now soldā€ message so thatā€™s a resounding no.

This is gonna be a tough one :smiley:

Sorry to hear! My tip is to join the queue around half 11.

Has anyone followed the Rita, Sue and Bob too drama? It was cancelled then un-cancelled. Royal Court reverses decision to cancel Rita, Sue and Bob Too | Royal Court theatre | The Guardian