Theatre bastards - The new class

Please report back on this as it looks as though I’m not going to get a chance to catch it unless it extends or transfers :+1:

1 Like

Oh just claims of nepotism from a few bloggers. She did win a Channel 4 writing award so I guess she obviously has some credentials but I suppose the feeling is it would look better if it wasn’t playing at the theatre she does PR for.

Ha. Doesn’t everyone who works for a theatre actually want to be in, direct or write a play though?

that sounds right up my street and hadn’t heard of it- thanks for the heads up.
I plan to go next Friday (26th), get you a ticket?
off to work now, but could do it later

Got a Network Friday Rush ticket!!! Wednesday matinee here I come!

1 Like

Is that true? Ffs

Phew!

Is John worth seeing in the evening after my Network show y’all reckon?

I’m seeing it tonight, will report back. All I know is its over 3 hours and very slow, like The Flick from the same playwright (which I loved)

I’ll probably just take a punt on it for £20 tbh, reviews seem positive (albeit from a couple of years ago)

I saw The Birthday Party last night which is pretty rad - I wasn’t familiar with it all but Stephen Mangan, Toby Jones and Zoë Wanamaker are all brilliant.

just got tickets. exciting!

saw it got a guardian write-up, after you mentioned. didnae read though, didn’t want spoilers

1 Like

I loved it, like The Flick it requires a lot of patience but is very rewarding for it. Also the set is amazing.

Top tip: don’t get up straight away in the second interval. Can’t say any more without spoiling.

1 Like

Nice one, missed out on the £20 ones for the same day as Network but may well jump onboard for another day anyway

1 Like

Aah left at the interval I’m afraid, thought it was pretty schlocky and contrived with some VERY ropey acting. Safely under: not for me.

Went to see a very disturbing and hilarious show called Laid at Soho Theatre the previous week, about a lady who kept giving birth to eggs, and had to decide whether to eat or raise them each time.

I have a few others booked up. Some immersive thing called Town Hotel next weekend, and a bunch of shows at the Barbican over the next few months, which I keep utilising my membership for: 300 el x 50 el x 30 el; Pluto; Smile Upon Us, Lord; Lady Eats Apple.

This makes me feel better about not catching it :+1:

Network was really good, THAT scene was absolutely sensational though. Goosebumps from it. Might try for tickets again tbh.

1 Like

More Hamilton tickets on sale on Monday at noon, FYI

I got tickets to Hamilton! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes