There is nothing that this country sees as more memorable or historic

than that bit where they ripped the skirts off Bucks Fizz in Eurovision that time

The entire fucking country bangs on about it on a near constant basis. Nothing is more impressive to the English than that moment of time.

12 Likes

The sad truth is they were just wearing more skirts underneath it iirc

Come on over through the Channel Tunnel and then, if you put the TV on and just hit a random combination of buttons to select a channel, I reckon you’ll be seeing that footage within 40 seconds

2 Likes

They also like going on about when england won a cricket match that time

1 Like

Edgbaston 2005? Yeah, that was fucking good that to be fair

1 Like

This just proves my point

2 Likes

Why do Bucks Fizz only drink real ale?
Because their CAMRA never lies.

2 Likes

:point_right::coat:

If Lionel Messi ripped the skirt off Cheryl Baker in Eurovision we’d be talking about it for weeks

2 Likes

What about the 2012 Olympics when the 10,000 metres was won by Sir Captain Tom Moore

Remember Eggs & Baker? That was good.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Blur made their first ever TV performance on it!!!

1 Like

Reckon that Morecambe and Wise sketch with Angela Rippon dancing rivals it. Always on “TVs funniest moments” type shows. Nobody has ever managed to explain to me why it is funny though

Just the 70s equivalent of when newsreaders do “a comedy routine” for Children in Need?

Cheryl Baker’s real name is Rita Crudgington

3 Likes

That’s a very funny fact

When Del Boy fell through the bar, the original plan was for Trigger to rip his trousers off in homage to this. But a stagehand left the bar open, and the rest was history

1. Berlin 1945
  2. Wembley 1966
  3. Dublin 1981

Nothing else is worth talking about.