0 voters

The ombudsman

5 Likes

ryan adams is posting under so many names on here at the moment

Do you think so rly?

This and i was thinking wild garlic had flowered by this time last year

2 Likes

it’s the kind of thing he’d say

Oh wait didn’t realise it was this thread, thought I was reading the Saturday night thread so thought you were being serious and making a general observation

If you have seen any noteworthy trees (with or without foliage) please do post your experience in drownedinsound.com 's very own tree thread.

3 Likes

Tangential, but one of the things I’ve found myself appreciating more since all the Covid restrictions, while living in a fairly aesthetically grim area of streets after streets of largely faceless, grey, fronting-straight-on-the-street terraced housing, is that the Council has, in fairness, made sure that what few trees they can fit in the odd space are of the blossoming cherry and similar type. The last few weeks have been glorious walking round seeing them all in bloom. The last of them are just going over now, coating the streets in showers of white and pink petals.

2 Likes

Also noticed this. The park I walk through has a load of those cherry blossom things and so far this year, they’ve been quite frankly pathetic. Those bushes that smell a bit like cum haven’t been particularly pungent yet either.

It hasn’t rained for about three weeks here though, so I don’t know whether that’s got anything to do with it.

Coldest April since '88 or something

Its a real mixed picture

Walked around Grizedale Forest today and how not-leafy the trees were had me shook for late April. Lot of dead dried leaves on the ground as well.

Tis an ill omen and no mistake about it.

Yeah spring seems very missed up right now. This time last year I was making daisy chains with my daughter in lockdown 1, haven’t seen any daisies yet this year.

I’ve not noticed this but I am in autumn right now here and native trees tend not to shed and the imported British trees are always a bit fucked up by the fact that winter is barely as cold as autumn.

Yup, I was saying this to my girlfriend on a walk just the other day. The low trees and bushes have leaves coming through, but the tall ones are still bare due to it being very cold overnight for the past month.

I was thinking this last week but then they started appearing and I thought… That’s a releaf.

8 Likes

Stickboy branches out into comedy!

1 Like

I have noticed this

Maybe related, but I would normally expect to be seeing blue tit hatchlings in my bird box about now, but the parents seem to only just be starting to build nests.