Thermostats!

Are you my neighbour?

Only in the Biblical sense Hoogs :heart:

1 Like

Iā€™m going to shock you hereā€¦ we donā€™t have a termostat. Wonā€™t bother until we get a new boiler.

Are you ok after hearing that?

hey lonzo Iā€™m getting a new boiler.

an electric one.

• Insane temperature not listed
  • Never have to use the heating
  • Not on thermostatbook

0 voters

Electric flow boilers are an efficient alternative for properties where no mains gas is available or where flue issues stop installation of a gas boiler

have one of the pure shit wheel things that you have to fold down the wee tabs. an interface that was surely devised by a madman.

Thatā€™s a programmer, not a thermostat.

That is what we have but thatā€™s not a thermostat. That is a timer. Can you hand your engineer badge in at the door please.

itā€™s the flue installation issues for me, mate.

got a gas one in there at the moment but apparently itā€™s a completely out dated design, is unbelievably unsafe and could kill me at any moment without me realising.

oh aye so it is.

the thermostat is a knob next to it.

If you have an eternal soul you would realise.

I did not pursue this line of inquiry with the boiler repair man, a missed opportunity

How much is your electric boiler costing you? All in?

I used to think a new boiler would be about 1k (all in) but I am now thinking it will be between 2-3k (all in).

more than 2 but less than 3 at a guess? planning to get the man to move my washing machine into the boiler cupboard so that I can get a dishwasher while heā€™s at it.

exciting times appliance-wise in the japes household in 2017

Had a very dull temp market research job for a week where I called up factories in Bavaria that made stuff that included a thermostat and chatted to engineers about how many thermostats of what types they got through in a normal week of production.

Was good however, in that the manager at the survey place didnā€™t speak a word of German, so let me just get on with it how I wanted.

Everything great comes from Bavaria ie themostats, Balonz, Reiberdatschi etc

Du bist doch kein SaupreuƟ, denn.

Iā€™ll tell you whatā€™s a really bad idea: a wireless thermostat.

Nothing more useless than a thermostat that you canā€™t guarantee is controlling the temperature in your house, because the wrong doorā€™s open or itā€™s a bit chillier than normal in the room with your boiler in.

Hahah I put that into Google translate to see what it said for Saupreuss, and it translates it as ā€œbastardā€ rather than ā€œPrussian wankerā€.