These New Puritans... now in zine form

iamnotquiteasexcitedorinterested

These New Puritans…now in disappointing DiS form!

These have really grown on me. Sounds wanky but I don’t think they’re that suited to singles? I usually listen to the 2nd and 3rd albums from start to finish, and I think this album will be no different for me.

Also I do like this video a lot:

1 Like

I rather like the singles as well - especially in the sense that I don’t think they’re massively suited to singles.

Promo cycle for this album has been far too long

2 Likes

I think that’s unfortunately true - we’ve heard a lot of the (9?) tracks already. I’m definitely liking the sound of it but might have been better with a shorter run up and one single…

1 Like

Yeah I’m holding it all till the actual album tbh

1 Like

Hadn’t listened to any of the singles beforehand but I love the album at the moment. Just bought a ticket for Thekla and can’t wait, haven’t seen them since they supported The xx in 2010 (I think).

1 Like

Weird how this is getting basically no attention. Nice album, though less interesting than the previous two.

2 Likes

There’s been some chat about it in the new releases thread. I really like it, feels like FoR through the prism of Hidden (or vice versa)

I think it might be my favourite record of the year so far.

I know a few people have said it’s a bit of a step back but to my ears it’s a great combination of the previous couple of records.

Also, the main fella has finally learned to sing in a way that suits his voice.

7 Likes

I am deeply in love with it - can imagine it being my AOTY.

That said, it’s perfect for me. Dark, brooding, modern post punk with apocalyptic lyrics and weirdness. Agree with @McGarnagle that the guy’s voice sounds great. I find it a little tricky on the older records.

5 Likes

Beyond Black Suns <3

2 Likes

First spin now. Don’t understand why people aren’t into it? It’s GORGEOUS.

4 Likes

I’m getting so many adverts for this album, it’s weird. proper ones on YouTube too.

These album is fkn great btw

Repeat listens like with all TNP prove rewarding

8 Likes

Saw them in Amsterdam last week, the were absolutely incredible! ‘We Want War’ in particular was stunningly brutal.

I also interviewed them before the gig as well. They were both really nice and funny, they even offered me a Milky Way which I had to turn down because I’m vegan and hate myself.

(JAG and that)

7 Likes

I wish they were playing near me! And I want a Milky Way now

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing them tonight in manc. Anyone else going? @incandenza