They ain't no DiS Band

Artists you love but DiS generally doesn’t:

Me, The Damned, always loved them, always will. Here they are with a Television bashing truly lost classic…

3 Likes

Probably too many to list. :slight_smile:

I’m sure the board will discover them in due course.

Please could you give me two examples?

The Beatles
Coldplay

Just did a search, about 10 Beatles threads and 3 Coldplay ones

Damn. I was trying to “dare to be different”. Being one of the crowd is no fun.
I haven’t been a member long enough to know what’s considered cool and what’s not.

I’ll keep trying:

• The Eagles (but only a couple of the early albums)
  • George Michael

Have you searched for those band names in the search bar at the top there? This isn’t lmgtfy

Not knowing what “lmgtfy” is, I can’t say whether you are right or wrong.

lmg lmgtfy fy

19 Likes

This is fun.

2 Likes

Bloody love Little Feat and their funky southern rock chooglin

1 Like

Some folk bands that you may get hear on Radio 2…Josienne Clarke & Ben Walker, The Young’uns, Lankum, Harp and a Monkey (the yearly "BBC Radio 2 folk awards CD is a great goldmine).

There are some crossover acts, like Richard Dawson, Sam Amidon and The Unthanks…but generally it’s a very unfashionable genre.

Let me Google that for you

Black Moth Super Rainbow. The search function throws up 6 mentions; 3 of those from me.

Bought and enjoyed a Tobacco solo record back when it got a good review on here.

1 Like

Lankum are good. Don’t know the others. I’m partial to a bit of folk myself, though some of it can turn out a bit bland

It occurred to me the other day that @deep-blue would get well into Furniteur.

Always loved this one.

1 Like

On a broken computer at the moment so I can’t defend them with songs here, but I put together playlists for most of them in the other thread. I have a LOT to say about each of these, but I’ll keep it very limited for now.

Counting Crows - I don’t care what anyone says - they have two top ten albums, and their run from 1993-2002 puts them as one of the few greatest bands of all time.

Stone Temple Pilots - I 100% believe that their place and reputation in rock history should be swapped with those of Led Zeppelin.

Everclear - The first three albums are fantastic, and Sparkle and Fade is probably a top 3 album in every year post-2000. A master in building and releasing tension, and so full of personality.

Blink 182 - I can’t believe that there’s an intersection of people who are still trying to find positive things in Weezer’s output and people who look down upon Blink 182. They’ve been doing the “pop genius” thing way better and longer than Rivers has now.

Green Day - I’ll back everything through and including American Idiot. They were great and it’s not just nostalgia talking.

Our Lady Peace - Staples of late 90s radio rock who were unfairly labeled as Pumpkins’ rip offs. Their first four albums are GREAT start to finish, and they were so much more creative and unique than they were given credit for.

311 - I don’t care, they were excellent musicians and masters of riffs and building tension and writing a tight song.

Sublime - I don’t care, Bradley Nowell was such a talented songwriter and expressive guitarist, and a master at covering songs.

RHCP - I guess we found out we were all secretly fans.

3 Likes