YODLO?

1 Like

AOAC

All Owls Are Cunts

1 Like

:broken_heart:

In the happy thread too!

5 Likes

I can’t believe how long Harmontown has been going. Listened to every episode since it started. Those early ones in particular were always a nice treat (I remember they came out really irregularly) during a pretty bleak patch of unemployment / post-graduation misery

Weirdly i still remember listening to the very first episode in the hotel room on a holiday and finishing listening to it while out on a walk on a really nice sunny day. Weird how vivid that is! It was years ao and I still remember the story about (I think) Jeff Davis hiding in a treehouse and punching someone in the balls

1 Like

St Francis Fountain in Mission does amazing breakfast.

1 Like

What’s it like these days? It feels strange knowing how unlikely it is that I’ll ever catch up.

Currently rewatching revival Dr. Who episodes which are like a big audio/visual hug and remind me of watching all the episodes as broadcast back in the day. Lovely stuff. Might watch the classics now as well

1 Like

Depends; there’s a lot of really repetitious political stuff. Nothing I disagree with, but the same stuff that I do largely agree with can get really wearing week after week. But it can still hit the heights: Cheapy Peepy and its “sequel” were both spectacular recent episodes, and possibly among the funniest the podcast has ever been.

On balance, it’s improved since they lost the audience (due to venue fire code regulations). Less annoying pricks coming onstage; and since they started recording on-stage but sans the big audience, it seems to have found its feet without the live audience (it has that great thing where you can hear a couple of people on the staff or whatever who are around there laughing just off-mic when something really works).

This post was too long. One thing I’ll say is that I’m amazed how good Dan Harmon is at just talking with barely any preparation on a consistent basis.

2 Likes

Whenever I decide to get the sampler out and mess around with old library music clips off YouTube. Always generates interesting results!

1 Like

Started playing my guitar again after not picking it up for ages. Trying to learn some Steely Dan solos. This is making me happy.

3 Likes

also this whole post reminded me of another consistent happiness-maker

Not too long at all. I’m so invested in the show, it’s good to read about.

I currently really like the audience, so it’s interesting to hear that you think it improves without them.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I went there once. Great place!

1 Like

Here are the top 3 corgis I follow on Instagram

#1 Bao Bao https://www.instagram.com/baobao_thecorgi/?hl=en

What even to say about this guy? The colouring. The one-up one-down ears. That his owner carries him around in a backpack. Possibly the best dog in the whole world?

#2 Aqua https://www.instagram.com/aquacorg/?hl=en

Just a proper classic corgi. Great lad. The story videos of him walking are a particular joy.

#3 Winston https://www.instagram.com/winstonthewhitecorgi/?hl=en

A calvacade of excellent dog facial expressions. Brilliant.

3 Likes

According to the Wikipedia on Harmontown:

Length 60–120 minutes
No. of episodes 256 (as of August 31, 2017)

Ahm oot, sorry

I’m very hungover in Tel Aviv but the fact that I’ve spent 5 days in Israel with 2 pals I met working at M&S 10 years ago is blowing my mind. Friendship is a really beautiful thing.

3 Likes

Accidentally posting in the wrong thread

It’s a laugh riot

You don’t have to listen to them all.

Don’t worry my thread is an edgelord-free zone.

1 Like

No, it’s a nice city farm. Although I prefer Freightliners or whatever it’s called in Islington.