Things from the Beano happening in real life

A likely story.

Dennis the Menace
Minnie the Minx
Bashstreet Kids
Roger the Dodger
Lord Snooty
Billy Whizz

Can’t think of any more off the top of my dome that I can 100% say are Beano.

1 Like

Did you see the one where someone bought a guineapig thinking it was a labrador pup (or similar)?

I didn’t but that sounds moderately amusing

Roger the Dodger

EDIT: You already said “Roger the Dodger” quite explicitly

You stroking me off, pal?

Ivy the Terrible

2 Likes

Don’t like this as a phrase, not one bit

It means ‘are you masturbating my penis, friend’.

8 Likes

This was addressed in the first televised episode of We Need Answers, a show I’m 95% sure @anon5266188 has or at least would enjoy(ed).

This sentence is full of problems.

I’m very much enjoying @anon5266188’s answers in this thread. Have giggled thrice, explaining myself to my boss once.

1 Like

I was antagonised by a local bully. He threw a bag of flower at me. I went round to his parents’ house to complain. When I got there I discovered I wasn’t his only victim that day. There were five of us in total. One was covered in soot. One was all wet - probably the result of a waterballoon. One guy’s hair was all stood up on end. Guessing he’d been scared by a fake spider. One person had small red marks on his cheek. That’s a peashooter injury if ever I saw one. We formed an orderly queue to issue our complaints one at a time. Our de facto leader was the soot-afflicted gentleman. He took to the front of the queue and knocked on the door. An old man answered wearing a pinstripe suit. I’m guessing it was the boy’s father. He didn’t even have to ask what had happened. He took one look at us and screamed his boys name, before running off, slipper in hand.

16 Likes

The Beano and the Dandy, they’re like the same thing aren’t they?

No, the Dandy had the Jocks and the Geordies which is like @japes vs @zxcvbnm2

4 Likes

We Need Answers was great

2 Likes

The Dandy is/was shite though

2 Likes

Has anyone here ever seen a dog run out of a butchers with a string of sausages in it’s mouth?

I think I would pay a lot of money to see that.

9 Likes

Desperate Dan, Needy Nigel and Creepy Chris

2 Likes

This all seems very Beano-esque and I’m taking you at your word that it happened in real life. Thank you.

1 Like

Ridiculous. It wasn’t as good as the Beano but to describe it as shite is preposterous.

1 Like

Used to be well irked if my Nan brought round a copy of the Dandy instead of the Beano (unless the Dandy came with a free Refreshers bar that particular week)

2 Likes