Things it's easy to boycott

Murdoch doesn’t own Sky (yet).

But he does use it to cross-subsidise his newspapers

Perhaps not ALL people who take cocaine are pricks. But all pricks who do drugs take cocaine. This is undeniable.

1 Like

You’ve never been to a drum circle have you?

1 Like

this is an even wronger thing to say.

Tesco, because there isn’t one anywhere near me.

Not any more. Murdoch split his empire in two in 2013: News Corp (= newspapers) and 20th Century Fox (= tv and film). Both are profitable companies in their own right.

20th Century Fox has a minority holding in Sky.

uh-oh

i love it when hoogy and marckee go head-to-head

10 Likes

Chris Brown, Gary Glitter, Lostprophets

2 Likes

fancy a game of predict marckee’s next defensive move? i’m going with something boring about the definition of “cross-subsidise”

2 Likes

The Sun, The Mail

actually I’ll admit that I don’t manage to never click on a mail link

Muirfield golf club

4 Likes

They’re easy to boycott if you live somewhere good that has other options. I spent many years with Spouters Corner in Wood Green being the best pub within a mile radius of my house.

1 Like

In an inverse vein - does anyone know if there’s a comprehensive list anywhere of restaurants/restaurant chains that don’t let staff keep tips?

I know who a lot of them are and refuse to go there as a result (Turtle Bay being the biggest drag here) but don’t know all…

I do the lottery (only gambling I do do, apart from an occasional game of poker with friends)

I enjoy having the tiniest glimmer of hope that I might not have to work as a mindless office drone until I’m 70 - and I justify the wasted cash to myself by thinking of it as a contribution to team GBs Olympic heroes

yeah you are totally correct

But I still need the hope - it’s only a quid a week for me Lucky Dip via DD, so it’s hardly a massive impact on my standard of living

that and the £100 a week scratchcard habit

Accumulators are worse than the Lottery.

depends doesn’t it. for me a £1 accumulator is a way to spice up a really dull set of saturday fixtures and is worth the money. Then very occasionally you get a £200+ payout off the back of it. Whereas doing the lottery doesn’t really have an additional purpose, if you know what I mean

1 Like