Things/locations that are almost guaranteed to cause an argument with your thinly-veiled

you cheating bastard!

1 Like

I feel like these things should matter in more locations than Oxford Circus, tbh.

Since the start of the year, I have improved on the former. The latter still eludes me.

I’d really REALLY like to say that I can’t really imagine this happening but…

Sorry man.

3 Likes

bit Brexit mate

that’s much better, cheers

1 Like

& @nemrac thank you both for the input, I’ve made a note of it for the next time the topic comes up!

1 Like

I can’t quite deal with how perfect these two posts are.

Next time anyone tries lay into me about being a nerd I’ll just point them to this post because, next to this, I’m fucking KING JOCK and I’m giving you two a couple of power-wedgies right now.

1 Like

Well he’s right.

did a union jack unfurl behind you as you finished your retort? did you unsheathe a saber? did you do a hon-hon-hon impression? did this song play as this was all going on?

1 Like

Mate, @xylo plays the music from HMS Pinafore on his phone speaker at all times.

1 Like

Agree with your tv too, now that you mention it - ‘menu’ me think of orcs sitting in a café looking at a wine list.

Why wasn’t the line ‘looks like meat’s back on the table!’ or something?

you’ve gone as far as table, dude. why not just tuck a napkin under those orcs’ collars and give them a choice of 5 silver spoons for their soup course.

Jesus.

2 Likes

can I introduce a potential game-changer into the argument?

The character that says ‘looks like meat’s back on the menu, boys!’ is an Uruk-Hai from Isengard. As per a penoid fan-wiki:

There are suggestions that the Uruk-hai of Isengard were the result of crossbreeding orcs and men. Certainly, there were other creatures in Saruman’s armies, and under his command in the Shire, that appear to have been hybrids

Therefore, it stands to reason that these half orcs would have retained at least some of their human vocabulary, rendering the use of ‘menu’ in this context highly plausible.

2 Likes

If an French woman has a child from an English man but moves to France to live and never exposes the new born to any English speakers. Do you think the child will somehow retain some English vocabulary from their father.

You bloody idiot.

2 Likes

Yeah but what im saying is

Never mind

I don’t think that the suggestion in the films was that they were bred like that though - you see orcs scooping stuff out of these tarry pits in Isengard, and the Uruk Hai come out fully grown and like, properly sentient.

Plus, if they were bred via ‘conventional’ methods, would it be a far cry to think that their human mother or father might be in the vicinity of the breeding area? Additionally, Uruk-Hai physiology and brain make up would probably allow for a richer vocabulary.

Off now to take a long hard look at myself in the mirror.

4 Likes

Oof. He’s getting numbers off you there, Otto.

3 Likes

Some would say it’s not overthinking. They’re wrong. MENU IS FINE