Things no-one has thought about for ages

my friend shaun and i broke the school acorn computer by putting bottle caps in the floppy disk drive and shaun denied it and continued denying it until i fell out of touch with him in my twenties. the bastard.

5 Likes

he wronged you and he wronged those poor, primitive baby computers

some people just want to watch the world burn

1 Like

he got a tattoo of the welsh flag whilst being 7/8ths english. stealing welsh valour. what a terrible sort, i hope hes doing well.

1 Like

Pod can… pop!

2 Likes

Oh sorry, I misremembered and thought you’d mentioned Granny’s Garden, which @TheWza then posted shortly afterwards:

1 Like

Oh I think about that a lot.

1 Like

Still on sale widely in places like Hong Kong, Singapore and China. Still tastes amazing, really good refreshing pint in hot climates. They also do variants of it, like a rose one (iirc). Am assuming they still sell it in France, but E Asia is more my frame of reference.

2 Likes

Used to love pint (or two) of it to kick things off. Any more than that was a step too far into sweetness territory, though.

2 Likes

Cauliflower rice and cauliflower pizza base

2 Likes

It’s really nice. Very much a taste of uni for me, I liked the fact it was in white bottles like a sort of weird milk.

It is no longer sold in these lovely white bottles

3 Likes

I vaguely recall this, did it taste a bit like hoegarden?

1 Like

All the time! Always being like ‘do you remember pob (?) ?’ to blank faces

#pobforever

2 Likes

Oh my! :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Oooh. Only ever had it on tap, I think.

I’d say so. That sort of thing, anyway.

3 Likes

Oh he’s called podd…

Fuck that guy

Where is this from? Can’t remember at all the image is totally etched in my mind

Granny’s Garden

Quite a fun review of it here

See also this, which I’m having a bottle of right now. :yum: (But Blanc was a bit sweeter and more floral, if I iirc.)

https://i1.wp.com/nlliquor.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/16523_m_v5.jpg?fit=960%2C1280&ssl=1

2 Likes

Blanc was a big bit of hopping on the white beer bandwagon. Erdinger is lovely, a classic of the genre but not as hyper-flavoured. The best pub ever, which is now closed but was The Cardinal’s Hat in Worcester, had an incredible selection of German beers including some of the nicest wheats I’ve ever tasted, and Erdinger is in that sort of vein.

2 Likes

1 Like