Things that are inconsistently located in supermarkets

Maple syrup.
Will it be with the sugar? Baking aisle? Stuck over with the honey and marmalade? Who the fuck knows???

any others?

7 Likes

Cocktail sticks:
Baking aisle :x:
Booze aisle (cocktails innit) :x:
Cutlery section :x:
With the party hats and banners, near the greetings cards :heavy_check_mark: (where else…?)

8 Likes

marmite.

2 Likes

you either love where its located, or hate where its located

9 Likes

Eggs. Always in a random place.

20 Likes

Nakd bars. With the biscuits? With the cereal bars? With the GF/Free From range?

(Or why not all three? Looking at you, Tesco)

7 Likes

Our local big Tesco just moved biscuits, tea and coffee right to the far end, past booze, past frozen food, the last vestige before you get to household products and that. People were fuming. I literally mean fuming. I went in on two separate occasions and got subjected to a rant about it by two separate aging customers. I do not work there.

2 Likes

Sainsburys have lunchbox popcorn next to the snacking fruit AND in the crisp aisle. I suspect they’re not quite sure what popcorn is

1 Like

Tesco put some of the ‘proper’ protein / health food bars in the pharmacy section.

5 Likes

also, the concept of ‘snacking fruit’

3 Likes

Contact lens solution.
Next to the rubber johnnies. Obvs

3 Likes

Easily the question I’m asked most.

In answer to the OP, coleslaw. Some shops have it with the prepared salad bits, other in the deli aisle.

Nuts. Put them all by the baking stuff don’t sprinkle them around.

2 Likes

Icing sugar

Is it with the sugar? Is it with the baking stuff? Will they have changed their mind about where it should be since the last time you had call to buy some?

Sure, the baking ones, but dried fruit and bigger non baking nuts should be with the fruit. Some big chains have different types for each place. Small bags for baking and bigger bags for eating

Give me an entire nut aisle. It’s all I want.

5 Likes

I’ll have a word with our store planners.

1 Like

hey m9, i’ve a question about m&s’ lime and mango gum if you don’t mind…?

I have no idea what that is, but ask away

1 Like

Big supermarkets should have some kind of navigation app

1 Like