Things that are inconsistently located in supermarkets

Those small packets of tissues. They can be literally fucking anywhere, but probably not next to the cold remedies and other assorted paper towel type things.

1 Like

this stuff:

my mate says he’s having trouble finding it these days. any idea why?

My local Co-op puts the malt loaf wherever the fuck they want. Changes on a near daily basis. And if they’ve got the non-standard variants in there’s no way in hell that it’s going to be with the standard stuff. And that’s not even taking into account the snack size packages.

Malt loaf.

Possibly eliminated from the catalogue. We’ve had an overhaul of the entire catalogue and they have eliminated huge amounts of lines to streamline what is offered.

Or, they may need to have a poke around a larger M&S as each shop has a different catalogue.

Sorry m9

I was going to say eggs and certain cereal bars too.

Another one is non-dairy milk, like soya, almond etc.

Sometimes it’s in the dairy section, sometimes it’s in the fridges, sometimes it’s by the soft drinks, sometimes it’s by the longlife milk and sometimes it’s by the eggs.

Dairy free custard is even worse for this.

ffs

Great thread, Warny. the bane of my life.

• dried fruit (baking? snacking?)
  • olives (with the veg? or the Italian stuff? Or the condiments?)
  • coconut milk (sometimes with the assorted Caribbean stuff, or sometimes with the speciality ingredients, or sometimes with the Thai food. And the Island Sun coconut milk is about £1.25 less than the Blue Dragon coconut milk!)

I spent about ten minutes looking for tahini paste in Saino’s the other Saturday, muttering “click and collect, click and collect” repeatedly

Also: fuck any supermarket that stores non-offer items at the end of the aisle. How am I supposed to find them there?

4 Likes

stock cubes / those liquid things

sometimes with the sauces
sometimes above waist-height freezers
sometimes near the gravy by the meat
sometimes with cooking ingredients

2 Likes

This is the most irritating one for me

Had an ordeal finding stuffed vine leaves yesterday. Where’d do you think Sainsbury’s Walthamstow has them?

This is the first verse of a Half Man Half Biscuit song if ever I heard one. You need to send it to Nigel and negotiate your cut pronto.

2 Likes

Can understand this, but some shops don’t have the space to run all ends as offer ends. We have 8 chilled and 10 ambient in this store, 4 chilled offer ends and 3 ambient offer ends. The rest are used for core range products. We’d never get all the stock on the shelves if all ends are offer ends.

In seriousness though, the correct placement of malt loaf is in one of those promotional basket things at the end of an aisle, since malt loaf is without fail an impulse purchase not a premeditated one.

ends

Yeah, if you think that’s bad, you should hear how many times I have to say it in a day

1 Like

Fair point, but our local Tesco has about 21 giant aisles. There’s literally no excuse for storing the soured cream on an end-of-aisle fridge.

This is the ends
Beautiful friends
This is the ends
My only friends
The ends

– rich-t

1 Like

Was going to edit my post and include this tbf. That is massively infuriating.

Etch it on my tombstone